Desktop Engineer (contract 6 months)
Imagine a workplace that encourages you to interpret, innovate and inspire. Our employees do just that by helping healthcare payers manage the cost of care, improve competitiveness and inspire positive change. You can be part of an established company with a 40-year legacy that helps our customers thrive by interpreting our client's needs and tailoring innovative healthcare cost management solutions.
Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging are part of the fabric of our company. We strive to create a workplace that fosters mutual respect and collaboration, where every talented individual can participate and perform their best work. We are MultiPlan and we are where bright people come to shine!
Please note: our offices are currently closed due to the pandemic and our employees are working from home. Once our offices reopen, this position will transition to working in either of our Naperville, IL, NYC, Bedford, MA or Rockville, MD offices.
This is a temporary position on staff (W2), expected to last approximately 6 months with possibility of extension.
As a Contract Desktop Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining Server/Client Management System, Desktop Device Encryption systems, Corporate Print Solution, and Malware Detection/Prevention systems in configuration, installation of software, and deployment of operating systems to desktops, laptops, and virtual workstations. Assist in troubleshooting repairs and debugs complex desktop/laptop/virtual desktop, telephony hardware, printers, and software problems. Assist with the maintenance of telecommunication equipment, servers and hardware as needed.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
1. Assist in configuring and maintaining Server/Client Management System servers and application. Build installation packages for new or upgraded software and provide quality assurance to ensure correct operation of products.
2. Install and troubleshoot problems with various common software applications using established procedures.
3. Build and maintain PC images and keep up-to-date as required and use automation tools for Asset tracking, deploying images, and software installation / de-installation packages. Assure device driver’s database are maintained to manufacturers’ specifications.
4. Maintain Encryption and removable media system configuration applications.
5. Maintain and configure Corporate Print Management system to assure environment remains functional and in compliance with all current security best practices and maximum availability.
6. Assist in knowledge article creation of policies and procedures and knowledge transfer.
7. Provide after-hours coverage to 24x7 on-call support.
- Provide mentoring and technical guidance to junior and mid-level team members. Assist in troubleshooting browser, synchronization, remote access, and email issues. Assist in troubleshooting problems with networked desktops, laptops, WWAN modules, Smartphones, and printers where required.
9. Provide operational, technical, and analytical support for desktop support services, perform remote support in resolving PC failures and problems.
10. Work with lead Telecommunications and Network Engineers on voice and data initiatives.
11. Provide technical direction and project management in support of Desktop Support initiatives. Provides operational, technical, and analytical support for Desktop Support services.
12. Act as a business partner with the user community to determine solutions to ongoing desktop automation initiatives.
13. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
14. Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
15. Demonstrate Company's Core Competencies and values held within.
16. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.