Location : Newport, OR
Duration : 6 Months (Contract to hire)
- The Deskside Service Technician will provide support and maintenance within the organization's desktop computing environment.
- This includes installing, diagnosing and maintaining all desktop equipment, printers, software applications and mobile devices to ensure optimal performance.
- Support will be performed in person (on-site users) or via telephone/remote control (off-site users).
- The candidate will be resolving work orders, computer issues, assisting remote users and ticket request handling, requesting equipment. Heavily dealing with Windows 10 and Microsoft 2016
- Ensure proper day-to-day operation of technology applications and equipment by identifying, researching and resolving technical problems.
- Provide deskside assistance to resolve technology issues and provide how-to knowledge transfer to end users on a variety of computer-related issues.
- Perform scheduled moves, installations, and cancellations, as well as other MAC-related tasks.
- Provide quality level II support for users with a high degree of customer satisfaction, technical knowledge and timeliness either by resolving the issue or escalating and coordinating efforts of other Information Technology staff.
- Solve technical issues and/or investigate elevated issues by confirming the validity of the problem and seeking known solutions to more complex problems or issues.
- Must know when to escalate issues not resolved at this level to management.
- Utilize ServiceNow for issue tracking, ensuring all user requests for assistance are accompanied by a ticket and all tickets requiring follow-up work and/or calls receive appropriate attention.
- Ensure all tickets are resolved within documented service levels. Interact with asset management, network services, software systems engineering, applications development and/or printer maintenance services to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.