Position: Desktop Technician
Location: Louisville, KY
Job Description/Job Duties: As a Desktop Technician you will join the End User Computing team with Booksource's Healthcare client in Louisville, KY. The End User Computing is responsible for handling escalated technical troubleshooting and end user device support. You will join this team to provide enterprise wide IT support at our client's facilities around the city. This opening is a contract working full-time hours. This is a great opportunity as you will have your hands in different parts of the organization which could lead to opportunities beyond the contract.
- (Hours) - You will work 40-hour weeks. You must be flexible to start early some days or finish late other days, and occasional after-hours support may be needed on a rotational basis.
- (Work Attire) - Dress for the job will be Khakis/Slacks, Collared Shirt/Polo, Dress/Deck shoes.
- (Technical Experience):
- Desktop Support experience (1-3 years) in a corporate environment (1000 devices or higher)
- Knowledge of networking devices (wired and wireless)
- Office Suite knowledge
- Network Printer experience (1-2 years) in a corporate environment (1000 devices or higher)
- Peripheral support experience (Barcode scanners, label printers, etc.)
- Ability to support:
- iPad Builds (project based)
- Desktop/Laptop Pre-Builds
- Cart builds & deployments
- IP-based desk phone services
- IP-based wireless phone services
- Backbench repairs (Desktops and Laptops)
- Equipment staging
- UPS Battery Replacement
- Switch Replacement
- Closet Checks / Cleanup
- Documentation / Mapping
- Aruba Wired and Wireless Upgrades
- (Education Required) - Bachelor's degree in computer science field or equivalent experience with implementation project activities
- (Certification Required) - None required. A+ and/or Net+ preferred.
- (Location) - Louisville, KY
Benefits of working with Brooksource:
- Previous experience working with this client and placing both permanent employees and contractors.
- Direct communication with the hiring manager, which allows us to have a deep understanding of the timeline and move you through the interview process faster.
- Dedication to keep an open line of communication and provide full visibility.
- Brooksource is an equal opportunity employer.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.