Location: Town and Country, MO
Type: 6 Month Contract to Hire
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
The Tier 4 Hosting Compute team is looking for a Lead IT Engineer who can help us solve problems, build our Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline, and lead us in DevOps automation and best practices. We are looking for someone who has a low tolerance for manual work and looks for opportunities to automate anything they can. We need team members with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation. Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships is a must. The DevOps engineer will work with peer teams to identify manual activities and streamline their implementation via scripting/automation techniques.
In this role, you will be responsible for growing and standardizing the DevOps practice within the team and leading the team’s efforts to establish best-in-class Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) and Deployment processes that can deliver fast deployments with predictable quality.
The preferred shift hours are a standard 8 hour day between the hours of 7:00 AM and 7:00 PM and includes a weekend on-call rotation.
- Lead engineering efforts related to Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD), and automated testing and deployment of all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Work within Agile framework to identify, create, design, and integrate processes for repeatable, automated software delivery.
- Identify and communicate risk and risk mitigation strategies.
- Work across the organization to identify gaps in automation capabilities.
- Design and develop new automation to fill gaps.
- Execution orientated - This person loathes doing nothing and is capable of defining their path forward from a high level vision.
- Deploying automations via pipelines into both standalone VM and Containerized environments.
- Designing and deploying solutions utilizing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Micro Services in enterprise environments.
- Identify and develop metrics and dashboards to monitor adoption and maturity of Dev Ops.
- Support the automation requirements of continuous integration and continuous deployment - be the automation advocate.
- Strong communication skills, able to effectively lead cross-functional deployment or triage efforts.
- Work with a global team spread across tech hubs in multiple geographies and time zones.
- Document, share knowledge, and mentor junior resources.
- Lead by example, demonstrating high performance in the areas of customer service, collaboration, team work, and reliability.
- Provide mentoring and oversight to other DevOps team members in implementing recommended solutions for process automation.
- Job Complexity: Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Ability to write technical documentation, describe processes and solutions accurately, and break down complex technical information into clear and concise instructions.
- 5+ years scripting/automation experience with PowerShell, Python, Perl, and/or other scripting languages.
- 5+ years of overall software development experience.
- 5+ years of DevOps experience.
- Strong CI/CD experience with code build, source control, testing, continuous integration and delivery using standard DevOps CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Travis CI, Git).
- Experience with containerization and source control (Docker/Docker Hub) and container orchestration (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes).
- Experience with the design and deployment of micro-services architecture using containers.
- Experience writing Ansible Playbooks for infrastructure automation.
- Demonstrate proficiency in multiple DevOps related tools and technologies (JIRA, Confluence, GitHub, Jenkins, Ansible, Kibana, Client Server Automation, Puppet, etc.)
- Software Development Life Cycle / Testing Methodologies - Agile - Scrum, Kanban, Test Driven Development, etc.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, pipeline management, and software design.
- Ability to help debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Well versed in Scripting/Configuration/and Utilization of the CI/CD pipeline to provide automated builds, integration tests, code quality scans, quality dashboards, and automated deployments.
- Experience in Windows Server, Unix/Linux, Unix Shell Scripting, and Windows Power Shell Scripting.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- 5+ Years software development in PowerShell, Python, Perl, PHP, or similar language.
- 5+ years of experience in a DevOps position.
- Hosting or IT Service Provider experience.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business / Management Information Systems or related field.
- 5-7 years of experience in systems support role.
- Familiarization with ITIL guidelines and practices.
- Client Server Automation or equivalent.
- Familiarity with Agile software development practices & ability to contribute to sprint ceremonies such as, Grooming, Planning, Review, Retrospectives.
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!