Job ID: 21-11061
Job Title: DevOp Systems Engineer
Location: Madison, WI
Duration: Contract Till 01/31/2022
These DevOp Engineers are responsible for the development and delivery of our Managed Services capabilities. Engineers apply the necessary technical breadth to providing top level technical support services and operational leadership, including problem resolution, and technical change implementation for Managed Services clients. The ideal DevOp Engineers are smart, hardworking individuals with top level experience and enjoy working on highly visible, technically challenging projects and service offerings. They are high caliber, well rounded professionals who are passionate about emerging technology, with exceptional customer service and communication skills
• As an Engineer III provide expert level technical services with little supervision from Supervisors, Team Leads, and Technology Owners
• Ability to follow through with tasks, projects, troubleshooting with little supervision.
• Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management
• Performs scopes of work as detailed in implementation plans assigned (system builds, test plans, documentation, training, etc).
• Handles several tasks simultaneously (ie: pre-sales, troubleshoots and develops internal network, responds to emergencies).
• Communicates with Engineering Manager all events that are not anticipated (new product requirements, equipment failure, design changes, schedule changes).
• Responds to all customers professionally and courteously and relays any customer questions or concerns to manager.
• Assist in creating and documenting policies and procedures.
• Understand SLAs in a production environment and proactively strive to meet the commitments.
• Review assigned service requests daily, following up and providing status updates to clients; ensure data pertaining to the status of service requests is entered into the problem tracking systems accurately and promptly to provide an up-to-date picture of service delivery status and backlog.
• Minimum 3-5 years engineering experience.
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline; equivalent experience acceptable.
Other Required Qualifications
• Capable of resolving critical issues in a time sensitive manner, cognizant of requisite service levels.
• Ability to establish customer trust and confidence in the CDW Managed Services knowledge of and concern for customers’ business needs.
• History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the customers while meeting deadlines.
• Critical attention to detail and solid creative problem solving skills.
• Ability to perform intermediate root cause analysis.
• Strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
• Customer Service focused and a high level of professionalism.
• Ability to consistently follow policies and procedures.
Strong communication and documentation skills.
• Excellence verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with all coworkers and stakeholders, in including senior leadership.
• Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment.
• Must know when to ask for assistance. Must be approachable, teachable, a team player with a strong desire to continue learning and expanding their experience in a highly evolving technical environment.
• Must have good time management skills and be able to meet rigid and urgent assignment schedules.
• Experience in the administration of the Red Hat and/or SUSE operating system
• Experience in Red Hat and/or SUSE updates and patching
• Experience in Linux automated server deployments
• Experience in bash
• Experience in either Red Hat or SUSE clustering
• Experience in connecting Linux servers to a SAN using native Linux multipathing
• Experience in Kubernetes administration and upgrades
• Experience in Jenkins administration and upgrades
• Experience in Kubernetes administration
• Experience in Artifactory repository creation and usage
• Experience in Git / Github administration
• Experience in Ansible with Molecule
• Python development
• Sonarqube familiarity
** If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus ! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASGs candidates and experience the difference!