Title: DevOps Analyst- Open Source
Location: Princeton, NJ
Type: Contract to Hire
Compensation: $55- $60 / hr (based on experience)
We are seeking a DevOps Analyst who has strong skills in Open Source. Experience with Linux and Cloud is also required.
- Follow the team’s standards to create and manage an automated DevOps release management pipeline which delivers tooling for next generation application development efforts (the Dev) and on-going production operations (the Ops). Cultivate a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery mind set.
- Collaborate with DevOPs engineers and Cloud architect to support development teams with a full set of DevOps ALM tools by leading the establishment of the right tooling and processes that will result in a fully automated release management pipeline to include: the Automated build process, environment setups, testing scripts, deployments, and production operational metrics/debugging information (to target developers).
- Partner with development and operations teams to facilitate practical automation solutions and custom modules. Troubleshoot automation issues and wen required engage the resources to find practical solutions that move projects forward in a timely manner.
- Be a trusted automation and tooling advisor for DevOps initiatives by providing objective, practical and relevant ideas, insights and advice.
- Deliver tasks based on project objectives; technically support projects through to completion. Ensure deliverables are completed within target timeframes and are consistently of high-quality, documented and support transition of operational activities
- Collect and format the data required for established KPIs to ensure performance is measured against expected business outcomes.
- Work with teams to bring continuous improvement to DevOps processes and tools.
- And other responsibilities as required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related field, with minimum 5 year’s enterprise related experience as a DevOps or systems administrator/analyst in 24X7 uptime environment (Windows). Demonstrated ability to quickly achieve a working acumen of new technologies.
- Intermediate level working knowledge of software development life cycle, test driven development, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Intermediate level working knowledge of high availability, high performance, multi-data center systems and hybrid cloud environments
- Experience troubleshooting complex issues ranging from system resources to application stack traces
- Experience with Git version control systems
- Experience in development with scripting languages
- Exposure to cloud vendors such as Azure and their components
- Exposure working with IaaS and PaaS services
- Working knowledge of related technologies including encryption, IPsec, VLANs, VPNs, routing, firewalls, proxy services, LAN/WAN connectivity
- Strong hardware and software diagnostic skills
- Project and system planning experience
- Ability to multitask and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with rapid technology changes and complex customer requirements.
- Experience working in an agile development team with emerging technologies and changing business needs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving
- Ability to build solid relationships with team members and co-workers
- Enjoy working in a team environment and provide benefit to the team as a whole
- Possess strong communication and presentation skills, including both written and verbal.
- Strong customer service skills, with the ability to manage multiple concurrent customer requests.
- Self-reliant, self-motivated with a “can do” attitude.
- Commitment to quality, accuracy, and reliability of services provided.
- Ability to produce and maintain accurate documentation and operational reports.
- Desire to grow and develop new skillsets, becoming involved with new technologies
- Experience with MS-Office products to build presentations using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated competencies in; system administration. DevOps or systems knowledge, security protocols for client/server environment. Experience working with cloud based IaaS and PaaS solutions on a windows platform.
- Open Source/Linux
- Experience with containerization and orchestration of web services.
- Experience supporting the following Datastores/Databases: MS-SQL server, MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Cassandra
- Knowledge and experience with Hadoop
Work you’ll do
The DevOps group is responsible for delivering DevOps services which accelerate the delivery of both revenue-generating and internal applications. We support business-lead software development while applying strategic and approved practices which streamline and fully automate the release management pipeline.
We are developing and supporting innovative solutions that leverage the latest technologies in open source and the cloud and are building a team of top-notch DevOps Engineers to create our next generation platforms.
You will be working within a portfolio of applications that utilize all levels of technology, from backend data and front-end technologies, delivered through cloud technologies such as Azure!
You will work in an environment that embraces DevOps philosophes to empower the implementation of tools and processes which enable the following: rapid development and deployment of software, continuous integration/delivery, automated quality checks, and operational metrics that can be consumed by development and product teams.
DevOps manages the application lifecycle management (ALM) tools that underpin all DevOps services and enable an efficient hybrid business/IT software delivery model. In your role you will be responsible for the selection and implementation of tools and processes which enable rapid development and deployment of software. Your mission is to embrace continuous integration/deployment in a delivery pipeline that will perform automated quality checks, deploy cloud infrastructure and applications quickly, and provide operational metrics that can be consumed by development teams. An ideal candidate for this role will have a blend of development and operational experience that provides them with a good understanding of the developers they are working with, while also balancing customer satisfaction and maintaining critical systems uptime.
In addition, the individual will be expected to:
- Engineer and implement solutions and provide recommendations for continuous improvement for the services provided
- Present regular status updates and provide cross training to other DevOps team members.
- Be active in evaluating and recommending new Cloud Data Services technologies including updates to Cloud Data Services as they are released.
How you’ll grow
Our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.