DevOps Automation Engineer - IV
06 Months Description:
- At the core of the Strategy and New Business Development organization and is a critical part of driving innovation across our global customer base both inside and outside.
- Backed by more than 50 years of location-based expertise, we are building solutions that leverage the power of location intelligence to inform technologies like 5G, Multi-Access Edge Computing and Artificial Intelligence that are allowing us to create products that were previously impossible.
- We're building tomorrow with the best of today.
- Want to build the infrastructure and automation that fuels the foundation of our location platform
- Want to enable development teams to more easily release critical features to production
- Are you passionate about DevOps as a philosophy as well as a practice and want to drive the future of the discipline at Location Services
- We're looking for engineers who are passionate about the impact they can have on the developer experience and product delivery.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with our development teams to build, maintain, and scale infrastructure in support of applications that are used by millions of users as well as backend systems that serve billions of requests per day.
- Simplify and improve processes for deploying new features and functionality to market; connecting the necessary pieces to create efficient continuous integration-style workflows.
- Monitor the performance of systems in a cloud based computing environment, including overall system health, reliability, performance, and cost. Remediate gaps in monitoring or performance testing if observed. Support our development teams by assisting with testing and monitoring strategies.
- Collaborate with Software Engineers and System Architects to provide an operations perspective; ensuring issues like cost, scalability, and maintainability are considered during the design process.
- Mentor Software Engineers on basic operational principles through demos, documentation, and one-on-one mentorship as well as participating in team discussions and planning sessions.
- Research and recommend new technologies and emerging operational practices; recommend services and practices that could be leveraged as business needs arise.
- Participate in team on-call rotation.
You will need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years in a DevOps environment
- Experience working in a cloud-based environment such as AWS.
- Create necessary Infrastructure as Code to define and maintain computing environment
- Experience with configuration management tools like Chef or Ansible.
- Experience with build and deploy automation using tools like Jenkins.
- Experience with containers and orchestration tools like Docker, Kubernetes, and Helm
- Experience working with Java, NodeJS, and Python development teams
- Experience with datastores like PostgreSQL and Elasticsearch
Even better if you have:
- Basic scripting ability with Bash or other languages such as Groovy, Python, or Ruby.
- Curiosity and desire to expand your breadth of knowledge by taking on unfamiliar tasks outside of usual area of expertise.
- Passion, a thoughtful approach to solving complex problems, and a constant desire to raise the bar.