Job Description: Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
Internal term: DevOps Engineer III (tied to the Systems Software Programmer description)
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Responsible for the analysis, development, modification, installation, testing and maintenance of AWS Cloud environments. The DevOps engineer III is responsible for the continual automation, integration, and optimization of Black Knight's software build and deployment systems focusing on cloud based solutions leveraging cloud native IaaS and PaaS services in support of product development.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assists in defining automated monitoring, deployment and repair strategies using a wide variety of Ops tools and monitoring platforms
• Builds and maintains tools for deployment, monitoring and operations as well as troubleshoots and resolves issues.
• Assists with the design deployment processes and mentors teams to assist with improving their processes.
• Automates the deployment and provisioning of cloud based environments via automation tools such as Cloud Formation, ARM Templates, Terraform, Ansible, etc.
• Champions the development and use of reusable automation templates within the enterprise.
• Develops policy scripts to enforce and validate required corporate controls and configurations for cloud services.
• Migrates on-site solutions to cloud based offerings.
• Performs architecture reviews of cloud solutions based on corporate standards and cloud best practices.
• Determines how existing applications, legacy systems, databases, Web interfaces and/or hardware, which may be currently operating on multiple platforms, work together to meet the new and emerging Cloud requirements for the enterprise.
• Defines and discerns key aspects of problems that require analysis and research, and develops an integrated Cloud solution within a broad technical and business context of significant or strategic impact to the enterprise.
• Modifies, installs and prepares technical documentation for Cloud system software applications.
• Monitors systems capacity and performance, plans and executes disaster recovery procedures, and provides Tier 2 technical support.
• Diagnoses, isolates and de-bugs software problems and performs problem resolution.
• Performs other duties as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
Any AWS Certifications are a plus
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Experience in DevOps environment in a large enterprise is desired
• Experience engineering Cloud based solutions in AWS highly preferred
• Experience using industry standard automation and deployment tools, such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Git, Docker, Kubernetes, Artifactory, etc.
• Familiarity with TFS, Team Build, or MS Build Scripts is a plus
• Demonstrated proficiency in cloud automation tooling such as Cloud Formation, ARM Templates, Terraform, Ansible, etc. in the deployment of cloud based solutions
• Understanding of fundamental cloud architecture, such as EC2, VPC, Security Groups, networking fundamentals, serverless, storage, and identity
• Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines
• Experience with general web server and application server administration, e.g. Nginx, IIS, Apache, etc. desired
• Experience working on UNIX / LINUX platforms a plus
• Understanding of database management technologies, such as MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL, AWS RDS, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Hadoop, etc. a plus
• Experience building and supporting .Net / Windows OS or Java / Linux OS applications
• Excellent analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
• Ability to develop partnership-oriented relationships with business executives and functional leaders, especially as it relates to operations and technology
• Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment with focus on timeliness, documentation, and communications with peers and business users alike
• Experience with project management a plus.
• Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels within Black Knight or outside the organization (executives, regulators, clients, etc.)
• Results oriented, business focused, and successful at interfacing across multiple organizational units
Systems Software Programmer III
Advanced professional level role. Works on multiple products, projects and activities as a project team member, and occasionally as a project team leader. Works on varied and complex tasks, projects, activities or support issues that require in-depth skill in multiple technical environments, knowledge in one or more specific business areas and expertise in multiple products/systems. Defines and discerns key aspects of problems that require analysis and research, and develops a solution within a broad technical and business context of significant impact to one or more business segments. Develops solutions requiring complex analysis and research. May coach and/or mentor more junior technical staff. Typically requires six (6) years of experience in systems administration and programming.
Black Knight is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and protected veteran or military family status. Our employees’ diversity is our strength, and when we embrace our differences, it makes us better and brighter. Black Knight’s commitment to inclusion is at the core of who we are, and motivates us in how we do business each and every day.