2. 2+ Experience developing, deploying and integrating with cloud and hosted applications
3. 2+ years experience with SaaS, IaaS, or PaaS
4. 2 + years of scripting in Powershell or Linux
Integration Engineers are engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle which include; gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements, responding to outages and creating application system models. Integration Engineers primary functions are to design, develop, document, test and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for internal use, perform defect corrections (analysis, design, code). In addition, Integration Engineers participate in design meetings and consult with business clients to refine, test, and debug programs to meet business needs, and interact and sometimes direct third party partners in the achievement of business and technology initiatives. This is an advanced-level role occupied by those demonstrating in-depth technical and/or business knowledge within their respective areas of specialization. Incumbents work independently on complex work assignments and may determine methods and procedural approaches on new assignments. In addition, responsibilities include serving as resources to internal and third party team members on escalated technical issues and analyzing and designing specifications for less experienced team members to execute.
* Utilizing technical expertise; Creates system requirements, performs design and analysis, and coding and unit testing of complex to highly complex system functionality and/or defect correction across multiple platforms.
* Identifies ideas to improve system performance and impact availability.
* Resolves complex technical design issues.
* Provides functional and/or technical guidance in evaluating applications systems or evaluating requests for proposals.
* Coordinates changes and influences and prioritizes tasks with business or technical departments.
* Analyzes and influences technical, system, and/or user requirements.
* Identifies and creates solutions to improve system performance and availability.
* Facilitates root cause analysis of system issues to minimize impact and future occurrences.
* Creates system documentation/play book(s) and serves as a lead technical reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code reviews.
* Typically serves as a resource to the business.
* Develops accurate estimates on work packages and ensures the accuracy of estimates developed by less experienced internal and third party team members.
* Analyzes and designs specifications for less experienced internal and third party team members to execute.
* Acts as a technical resource throughout the development life cycle.
* May also actively contribute to the technical and soft skills development of team members.
* Assists team leads and management with delegation of technical work packages to cross functional and third party team members for execution through the full development life cycle.
* Keeps management appropriately informed of progress and issues.
* Coordinates system application transition from development teams to maintenance and production teams, and/or constructs and implements necessary controls to assure system/application traceability.
Additional Information: Questions from DevOps delivery lead
1. I see they are requesting Python scripting experience, I would want to know what they are doing with that and how much python scripting will be used daily.
Python is one of many scripting languages that are preferred. If they are using bash, perl, R, really anything, there is no issue
2. I see it lists they would like 3+ years' experience in Network Operations. I would want to know what this specific position is doing within the network.
This is more fundamental understanding of how there automation or integration into the environment will effect the network
3. Following question 3 I would want to know what this specific position will be doing with Source Control Systems (GIT, GITHUB, RTC, etc.)
GIT - for version control
GITHUB - as a data repository
RTC - Internal Our Client tool used for documentation
4. Lastly, how involved will this position be with the deployment and integration to the cloud, and what Cloud are they using (AWS, Azure, Google, etc.)?
Where is Our Client in DevOps?
1. Started with containerization of applications - still on going process
2. Figure out what application fits best on which platform - on going process
3. Move the application to correct platform - future state
How is our Client going to leverage a cloud solution?
100% Our Client will have this model
a. Own private cloud -
b. Legacy environment - Some of their legacy apps won't be able to drag and drop
5. AWS, Azure, Google - one or multiple
Our Client's environment is 75% java based home grown applications, with the rest being COTS. Their cloud strategy is still being defined as below:
possible models for cloud -
1. Go all in with one
2. Go all in with one and use a second as a DR
3. Build Our Client environment to Teraform - testing now
Business Challenge: CTDO number one initiative is agility, fail fast, and scalability. In order to achieve this goal they must have a flexible platform so they can pivot quickly based on business needs. Cloud solutions help them achieve those goals.
EVP:As our client builds their cloud strategy, this technical professional will have the opportunity to effect change at an enterprise environment. Allowing an individual to touch all of the technology stacks as they grow in their environment. With the current cloud platform strategy being defined they will have the opportunity to work with AWS, Azure, Google. Our client is the leading innovator within their industry and is nationally recognized for the technical stack
The Company's Recognition's
Voted #1 or #2 Best Place to Work in IT by Computerworld (2012-2016 Large Company)
Ranked # 5 on Forbes America's Best Employers (2016)
Voted 'Best for Vets' Employer (2010-2016)
#39 Fortune's Top 50 Best Workplaces for Parents (2016)
Financial Benefits (FTE)
Bonus Programs- not guaranteed
o Holiday bonus which is equal to 2 weeks pay. Has been paid out since 1925.
o Performance bonus. For the last 5 years has averaged 18.3% (2015-2010).
401(k) - Dollar for dollar match up to 8%, effective on day one of employment
Medical/Dental/Vision plan options, effective on day one of employment
On-campus clinic and pharmacy
Healthy points program (see below )
Free membership to the fitness facilities.
Outdoor recreation fields with Intramural sports programs
Physical and massage therapy
Life Benefits (FTE)
Paid time off
Relaxed dress code, including shorts
Child development center
Educational assistance up to $5,000 per year
Main Campus Perks SAT: 6 Cafeterias, 3 Starbucks, 3 Company Stores with Post Office services, and concierge service
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email [email protected] .com for other accommodation options.