Software Engineer - DevOps
Job type: Contractor
Position is software engineer for DevOps who is an expert in DevOps development technologies and methodologies. You'll be working as part of a fast paced, cross functional, agile team building DevOps infrastructure for Viacom. The position is responsible for the technical design, development, and implementation of high-quality DevOps tools and infrastructure supporting most of the tech teams in Viacom.
• Introducing new CI/CD processes, technologies and tools to all the MTS teams.
• Building dashboards to monitor the status of applications and tools.
• Recommending automation pipelines and tool chains.
• Working closely with engineers of other specialties (including Cloud Engineers, Software Engineers, DBAs, Network Administrators) to ensure that business requirements are met, using the right tools for the job
• Troubleshooting and supporting build, test, and deployment incidents if they happen
• Developing and maintaining technical documentation and processes
• 2+ years of relevant professional software engineer experience plus a Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or related field)
• Experience in DevOps, Jenkins, Trunk-based (Monorepo) development, A/B testing is a plus
• Knowledge of AWS, Jenkins, Jira, Git, Splunk, TeamCity, Bamboo, NewRelic, Munki, SonarQube, and programming language of Java, Groovy, Python, and Ruby would be an advantage
• Knowledge and experience of the technologies that enable software build automation and deployment
• Good understanding of concepts like CI/CD, configuration management, cloud platforms, version control, automation, monitoring, analytics, containerization and microservices architecture
• High comfort in working with Linux environment and typical sysadmin tools
• Advanced scripting skills (bash, python) with ability to use various compound data structures
• Experience with software build automation for mobile platforms (iOS and Android) would be an advantage
• Desire to learn new technologies, automate and continuously improve existing standards
• Very good English language skills (verbal and written)
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.