The DevOps Engineer bridges the gap between Development and Operational teams. They are responsible for setting up and managing the operation of project development and test environments as well as the software configuration management processes for the entire application development lifecycle.
- Understands the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
- Uses considerable judgment to determine solution and seeks guidance on complex problems.
- Works with development teams to understand project deliverables and promote DevOps culture
- Minimum 2 years' continuous integration experience with development tools (such as Git, SVN, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, Chef, Puppet, Ansible) in some of these domain areas: source control management, continuous integration, automated deployments, configuration management
- Experience scripting in PowerShell
- Experience integrating functional test automation suites (Selenium) with continuous integration systems
- Experience with Java or other programming language
- Experience in an Agile delivery environment, Cloud infrastructure environment (such as AWS) or other application/web server (such as WebLogic)
- Bachelor's degree in related field
* Develops required specifications for very complex programs or problems.
* Develops the requirements of a product from inception to conclusion. Tests, debugs, and refines the software to produce the required product. Provides advanced technical experience on development best practices.
* Oversees system tests, monitors test results and ensures corrective actions are completed. Leads the resolution of complex corrective actions.
* Creates coded unit tests and works with Testers/Information Assurance to address program and/or security findings.
* Acts as a mentor to less-experienced team members.
* Demonstrates best practices, processes and tools, as related to development projects.
* Prepares required documentation, including block diagrams, logic flow charts and software program documentation.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field or equivalent relevant experience; Master's Degree preferred.
10-15 years of experience with programming or web development activities.
Other Job Specific Skills
* Must be detail oriented, as well as able to work well with clients.
* Experience designing scalable databases and developing applications against a relational database such as Oracle or SQL Server preferred.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Must work efficiently within multiple teams.
* Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure, and work in a closed environment with others.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology.
* Strong problem solving, logic, and analytic skills.
* Applies knowledge of technologies, applications, methodologies, processes and tools to support a client, project or entity.
* Familiar with and utilized best programming standards and practices in a professional capacity.
* Strong Leadership and mentoring skills.
* Experience in information system design, including application programming on large-scale case management systems and the development of software to satisfy design objectives.