Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Location: White Plains, NY
Job Type: Direct Placement (Salaried position with benefits, PTO, etc)
- We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join the CTO team supporting our Financial Services vertical to support our migration of Microsoft based solutions to Amazon Web Services (AWS). The ideal candidate will have broad dev ops experience with demonstrated experience in establishing dev ops solutions for AWS. The DevOps Engineer will assess existing technologies, design future state, and execute the migration of the build and deploy processes to the DevOps model.
- The role requires solid experience in cloud computing environments, hands on technical skills, passion and appetite to master new technologies, and excellent communication skills.
Day to Day Responsibilities of the Role:
- Design and build DevOps processes and procedures in conjunction with a migration of large-scale SQL Server and Microsoft centric application solutions to AWS; preferably cloud native
- Design build plans, assist developers with failures and manage software configurations
- Ensure end-to-end deployments succeed and resources come up in an automated fashion
- Provide direction to developers with server troubleshooting and application errors due to configuration issues
- Debug production outages and take actions resulting from root cause analysis
- Monitor production environment and act to keep systems stable and running
- Lead production migrations (off-hours) and provide off-hour support when needed to troubleshoot problems with mission-critical applications
- Mentor and guide more junior colleagues