The DevOps Engineer bridges the gap between Development and Operational teams. They are responsible for setting up and managing the operation of project development and test environments as well as the software configuration management processes for the entire application development lifecycle.
- Understands the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
- Uses considerable judgment to determine solution and seeks guidance on complex problems.
- Works with development teams to understand project deliverables and promote DevOps culture
- Minimum 2 years' continuous integration experience with development tools (such as Git, SVN, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, Chef, Puppet, Ansible) in some of these domain areas: source control management, continuous integration, automated deployments, configuration management
- Experience scripting in Linux/UNIX shell (bash), python, or PowerShell
- Experience integrating functional test automation suites (Selenium) with continuous integration systems
- Experience with Java or other programming language
- Experience in an Agile delivery environment, Cloud infrastructure environment (such as AWS) or other application/web server (such as WebLogic)
- Bachelor's degree in related field