We are looking for a DevOps Principal Engineer to join our growing organization. In this technical lead position, you will be responsible for the development, maintenance, support, and security of the cloud infrastructure. You will also help to influence deployments and processes within the Software Development Lifecycle. A keen attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and solid knowledge base are essential. Whether it is working customer ticket requests, spinning up new servers, or giving a presentation to leadership, this role will do it all.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
40% - Delivery and Execution
• This is a hands-on role! Nothing is off limits when it comes to helping the customer.
• On-Call responsibilities are part of a 24/7 ecommerce environment.
• Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
• Responsible for Infrastructure CI/CD pipeline.
• Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to resolve issues.
35% - Technical Strategy and Planning
• Utilize expert knowledge in security, networking, performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices to deliver a solid cloud experience.
• Leverage new technology paradigms (e.g., serverless, containers, microservices).
• Use Infrastructure as Code (puppet and terraform preferred) to simplify IT work.
• Document of processes, environments, and tooling.
• Evaluates new technologies for adoption across the enterprise. Demonstrates knowledge of industry trends.
25% - Leadership and communications
• Work directly with Infrastructure and Developers across the enterprise.
• Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on DevOps/Operations.
• Collaborate with Developers to improvement development delivery.
• Helps teams find creative ways to solve problems and to meet tight deadlines.
• Presents on key topics to peers, the business, executives and the public.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND COMPETENCIES
• Extended experienced in incident response and root cause analysis service disruptions.
• Proven Amazon cloud architecture experience.
• Minimum AWS certified 'Solutions Architect' or 'SysOps Administrator'. AWS certified 'Solutions Architect Professional' or 'DevOps Engineer Professional' preferred. Azure and/or Google certifications are a plus.
• Strong understanding of CI/CD Pipelines in a distributed environment using tools like GitHub, Jenkins, TeamCity, etc.
• Experience with Windows/Linux infrastructures, database SQL (MS SQL), scripting languages such as Python, PowerShell, and/or Golang.
• Up-to-date on latest industry trends; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently.
• Familiarity with CDN/Proxy.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills.
• Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently. Helps other do the same.
• Familiar with various design and architectural patterns.
• Understands fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.