Role: Developer III (Java) Develop Software
Engagement: 6 - 12 Month Contract to Hire
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Compensation: $50/hr - $65/hr Depending on Experience; 99K - 124K Salary + (10% bonus)
Brooksource is hiring for a Software Developer for our most innovative healthcare technology companies in Jacksonville, FL. As a Software Developer, you will utilize your expertise and experience in back-end Java development to assist this team switch back end platforms. Experience developing RESTful APIs will be heavily utilized in new development and maintenance/upgrades of enterprise level applications as you work within a fully functional Scrum team alongside back-end developers, front-end UI specialists, and software testers.
You will join a nationally recognized company that specializes in software for streamlined utilization and exchange of healthcare information. In a environment that was built to promote creativity and collaboration, you will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of development initiatives, allowing you unparalleled peer networking and exposure to leadership within what is widely referred to as one of the best and most innovative places to work in Jacksonville!
- Maintain and Write code for complex systems that address project specifications and guidelines.
- Write programs that span multiple platforms.
- Offers occasional innovative ideas and products to the organization.
- Provide input and drives adherence to programming or development standards.
- Consult on database set-up and lead project level database design.
- Coordinate with others on architectural standards.
- Consult on integration issues and determine the best integration approach.
- Accountable for architectural integrity and technical debt.
- Reviews the code of other developers and identifies alternative development approaches for the team.
- Analyze existing programs and modify the application code to create enhancement or develop new programs.
- Identify system requirements and recommend issues and alternatives for change. Able to report missing elements and explain the impacts on subsystems.
- Offers recommendations for correction
- Leads and makes changes in development maintenance and system standards.
Build Technical Documentation
Build Technical Documentation
- Write detailed technical documentation for entire systems (made up of several subsystems) and identify integration points
- Review technical specifications created by less experienced developers
- 8+ years of back-end development expertise involving Java and SQL for use with RESTful APIs
- Must have thorough experience with XML
- Must have thorough experience with SQL
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Ability to write complex code for both the development of new programs as well as modification of existing code for application enhancements
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.