The client is seeking a Developer IV to design, develop, and implement applications on AWS using general languages and technologies (e.g. Java, Python) to support business requirements. Developer IV performs high complexity (i.e. system level applications) analysis, design, development and unit testing of software applications from user requirements and design documents. The candidate also resolves defects encountered during various testing cycles.
- AWS Services
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with developing solutions on the AWS platform using services such as RDS, S3, IAM, Lambda, API Gateway
- Hands-on experience migrating customers to the cloud and designing DevOps operational processes, deployment checklists, etc.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile methodology
- Experience working in cloud migration services
- Have a keen interest in using any and all appropriate tools, especially Cloud-based, to solve the problem at hand
- Expert level demonstrated experience in developing code, implementation and adopting to cloud strategy
- Experience working in Cloud environments, AWS, Big data environments
- Minimum of 5 years' experience writing code in high-level language like Java, scripting language like Python
. 3-4 yrs. of experience building integrations between applications using REST APIs
- Configure and implement AWS tools such as CloudWatch, CloudTrail and direct system logs for monitoring.
- At least one language common to cloud platforms such as Java or Python
- Creation and maintenance of CI/CD pipelines
- Test-driven development and/or behavior-driven development
- Ability to stay current with the evolving platform and understand how new AWS services can enrich our products
- Familiarity with GIT and managing branching strategies
- Strong skills in creating and using complex SQL queries, Stored Procedures and validating reports/back end data.
- Strong Data Analysis skills with Database knowledge and experience with database query tools and languages (TOAD/DB Visualizer/SQL Developer).
- Ability to work on multiple projects and flexibility to change priorities when needed.
- Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution.
- Other skills that good to have Continuous monitoring solutions such as Elastic Stack, Microservice Architecture and DevOps: CloudFormation (infrastructure as code), Ansible, Auto Scaling.
.Ability to take ownership and drive issues to closure
Location: Herndon, VA
Duration: 12 months