Job Title: ServiceNow Developer
Type: 3-Month Contract
- Will this role be remote until offices reopen?
- Remote unless the candidate is in MN, there might be an opportunity to come to office later this year
- Local candidates only or are you open to non-local/fully remote candidates?
- What is the reason for the position?
- Funded project work has come into our backlog
- Top 3 things you look for in a candidate?
- ServiceNow Integration, ServiceNow Ebonding, and ServiceNow Catalog Development experience
- What are some things that would make candidates stand out?
- ServiceNow Ebonding experience and deep integration experience
Contribute to software development activities by developing, documenting, testing, modifying and maintaining new and existing software applications. Apply standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to the development life cycle. Bring application(s) and technology expertise to the specification and design development process. Provide technical expertise on assigned applications, to include interfaces and interrelationships with other applications and systems. Receive technical guidance and day-to-day direction from Software Engineers and Senior Software Engineers.
- Code, test and troubleshoot existing programs utilizing the appropriate hardware, database, and programming technology.
- Analyze end user data and business needs to format final product and assure user-orientation. Test and develop programming modifications.
- Utilize applications expertise to participate in the design process as needed, then write new program code based on defined specifications. Document programming problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Maintain and modify programs; make approved changes by amending flow charts, develop detailed programming logic, and coding changes. Write and maintain programming documentation, as well as operations and user guides (as required).
- Effectively unit test all code and programs prior to releasing them to the quality assurance (QA) team. Resolve all unit test issues in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with the QA team to identify test cases and create/mine test data to enable a thorough test of all development deliverables.
- Respond to all inquiries and issues in a timely manner as the developed code/program moves through the testing process and ultimately into production. Provide implementation/production support as required.
- Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with end users, Business Analysts and senior development team members. Provide input to prolong application life or recommend replacement.
- Confer with senior development team members to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs. Assist in resolution of questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
- Evaluate and thoroughly understand complex interrelationships between assigned applications and systems, such as whether a contemplated change in one application would impact or cause unwanted results in a related part of that application or other applications/systems.
- Proactively provide subject matter expertise regarding assigned application(s) to other members of the technology and business teams to assure understanding of interrelationships and dependencies.
- Support the installation planning for application program requirements. Support the end-user and technical operations staff as required.
- Assist senior development staff with the integration of technology within and across the capability domains. Act as a resource to junior development staff regarding technology, methodologies and standards.
- Proactively share knowledge and collaborate with development team members, Business Analysts and Technology Operations to assure quick and effective responses to customer needs (internal and/or external).
- Strategically plan and prioritize software/solution releases within planned release schedules based on enterprise business strategy, business and technology need, and impact while assuring appropriate scope, size and impact of releases to end users.
- Effectively plan all design, development and testing work to assure the pre-determined release schedule is met.
- Provide strategic direction and operational leadership to a team of highly technical employees.
- Develop and maintain an organization of high performing people through effective hiring, coaching and rigorous performance/talent management processes.
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!