Solutions Point is recruiting for a Sr Development DBA (SQL Server) for our good client located in Kansas City Mo. Our client offers a great work environment with an excellent IT organization. Currently they are providing services in thirteen different countries. This opportunity will be a six month contract for hire with a conversion salary of 110k to 120k (Conversion salary will be agreed prior to accepting contract) with excellent benefits to include: Employer pays 95% of health insurance premium for employee and dependents, Employer pays 75% of dental & vision insurance, 401K with 100% employer match up to 4%, 24 days of paid time off 1st year, Employer paid Life, LT/ST insurance.
The Development DBA works closely with the Application Development Team and the Production DBA with a focus on building an effective, usable database environment to support the creation and maintenance of applications. The Development DBA must be skilled in the process of data modeling and normalization to ensure that databases are designed to promote data integrity, as well as provide tools to facilitate database testing and data refresh. Creating and maintaining effective database-coupled application logic and ensuring appropriate and efficient SQL is being coded and tested is a big responsibility of the Development DBA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Modeling and documentation of existing and new databases.
- Design and implementation of data warehousing systems for business intelligence needs using OLAP or other similar technologies.
- Review, testing, and performance improvement of database modifications and complex stored procedures by software development staff.
- Troubleshooting database-related systems problems, including performance, exceptions, and other business logic failures related to the data structure
- Proficiency in data archiving methodologies and processes.
- Expert use of SQL Server Management Studio and its tools.
- Understanding and proficient use of reporting technologies including SSRS, SSAS, and SSIS.
- Source code management and versioning through MS TFS.
- Gain knowledge of company data schema, data definitions, and business logic.
- Data analysis of card processing transaction level information.
- Work with diplomacy and cooperative style necessary to deal effectively with company technology team, management, partners and provider organizations.
- Fluent in relational database design
- Demonstrated knowledge of advanced feature sets of SQL Server versions 2012 and above
- Demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Act with integrity, credibility, and character demonstrating at all times high moral and ethical behavior
- Ability to solve complex business problems with generic and reusable solutions.
- Meet demanding schedules and timelines on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.