Digital Copy Writer
Location: Louisville, KY
Are you an excellent writer with expertise in digital content? Our Fortune 100 Client is looking for a Digital Copy Writer who is passionate about digital content and thrives in a fast-paced environment where your work helps improve people's lives. This team is committed to investing in innovative digital experiences that improve our customers' quality of life and interaction with us. The Digital Copy Writer is integral to achieving this goal by creating excellent content for web and mobile channels. In this role, you will work with a team of experts and help write new content and revise existing content that is clear, concise, engaging, relevant, persuasive and consistent.
You will work closely with stakeholders from all areas of the business and develop deep knowledge of healthcare subjects and audience information needs. Essentially, you will help create content so that it can be delivered at the right time to the right audience - including consumers, members, providers, employers and agents/brokers. These teams create and maintain content across web properties in alignment with corporate and digital style guides and in compliance with National Association of Insurance Commissioners regulations. The copy writer is responsible for creating digital content in alignment with digital content strategy and multiple complex business goals.
- 3+ years of digital content writing experience
- Proven expertise in grammar and style adherence
- Ability to be flexible in a dynamic environment where priorities and processes evolve
- Must be extremely well-organized, capable of handling multiple details simultaneously, and able to easily move between strategic and tactical work
- Familiarity with Search Engine Marketing and Optimization strategies
- Familiarity with content management systems
- Self-starter who takes initiative and ownership
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Conversant and comfortable with principles of digital design, writing and editing
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and SharePoint
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Assists with creation and maintenance of content standards, including library of common reusable content
- Works closely with other project team members, including other copy writers, content strategists, visual designers, interaction designers and business analysts
- Works collaboratively and cohesively across teams to gather information in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders and reviews
- Has the ability to receive feedback professionally and respond accordingly in a positive, productive and, as needed, proactive way that produces excellent digital content
- Possesses the ability and confidence to negotiate diplomatically to achieve the most effective digital content
- Collaborates with web content strategy experts to execute strategy into the content creation
Education: Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communication, Marketing or similar field
Wish List: Experience in insurance, wellness and/or healthcare and/or regulated industries
Benefits of working with Brooksource:
- Direct communication with the hiring manager, which allows us to have a clear understanding of the timelines and move candidates through the interview process faster.
- Dedication to keep an open line of communication and provide full transparency.
- Brooksource is an equal opportunity employer.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.