General Description of Position:
The Director, Assurance is a subject matter expert who identifies, implements, measures, monitors, reports and enhances best practices which directly impact the delivery quality of Network and Services teams working on Hargray projects. This position will lead both the Network and Service Assurance teams that supports multiple technologies including Access, IP, Optical, Voice, Video, and Data Services that we offer our customers. This role will build processes and drive them to adoption. This leader will partner with other business units to ensure Assurance is aligned with them in achievement of key business objectives. They will be responsible for the Network and Service assurance teams meeting all metrics and KPIs.
Duties & Responsibilities: Including but not limited to the following
This role oversees a team that is responsible for:
- Responsible on a 24x7x365 for the uptime and performance of the network and all customer services
- Defining and providing job aids, process, training and systematic support tools to all outsourced and in-house service assurance and network assurance team.
- Defining and implementing the network management architecture for collection of logs, traps, alerts, and all network data that is used for both management and optimization of the network as well as new product features that are based on network traffic and data intelligence.
- Responsible for understanding competitive capabilities and consumer trends for incorporating into the product roadmap and ensuring the competitiveness of Hargray’s network and services.
- Implement proactive notification capabilities that alert the Network and Service Assurance department of outages in real time and to the extent possible, correlation to impacted customers and services.
- Oversee and control all network maintenance activities and participate in activities where applicable.
- Lead the cross-department teams developing software application and configuration management processes to support CI/CD capabilities for maintenance of network and introduction of new product features.
- Calculate and compare costs for equipment and services to maximize cost-effectiveness.
- Negotiate contracts to optimize delivery and cost saving.
- Responsible for driving processes associated with Assurance team: Change Incident and Problem Management
- Responsible for the implementation and adoption of the ticketing platform that will support these processes
- Responsible for driving network systems used to manage the network. These systems include TruVision, Ocular IP, JunosSpace, Calix CMS AXOS, Openvault, Teraquant, Telestream Ineoquest
- Define development plans and goals for department leaders and employees in alignment with Hargray values
- Ensure the teams successfully deliver on key business objective.
- Partner with TAC, Care, and Field Ops team on processes to meet MTTR and Network Performance objectives
- Participate in new technology/product introduction process to ensure the teams have the ability to monitor health and performance
- Ensure coordination and communication for change actives
- Consult with Engineering Implementation on maintenance standards, operational design documentation, and templates
- Ensure that each team is delivering on the directives of the organization.
- Ensure that team(s) are performing their job responsibilities as assigned.
- Create and define processes and improvements for team(s).
- Define and drive KPI targets across each process.
- Collaborate with partner organizations on process improvements.
- Review KPI performance on a monthly basis and assess and implement improvements.
- Assess new and existing technologies for improvements in quality, scale, and cost.
- Ensure that technologies are meeting targets.
- Partner with delivery organization on defining operational readiness requirements.
- Continuously increase teams understanding of existing and new technologies.
- Define lifecycle management targets on each technology platform
- Manage operational budgets associated to Assurance accountabilities
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Minimum Requirements:
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Business, Engineering or Science Field)
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 10 or more years of experience in a management role preferred
- Solid background in network administration and architecture
- In-depth understanding of communication protocols and routing protocols
- Familiarity with access control models and network security
- Knowledge of coding languages for scripting
- Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools
- Solid understanding of network operating systems
- Solid understanding of network operating systems
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills with ability to confidently and comfortably interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage and foster change
- Ability to lead large, cross-functional teams in order to achieve business goals and results
- Ability to build, motivate and lead a team
- Ability to listen to multiple points of view and synthesize against goals for recommendations
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively and independently
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and synthesize recommendations