McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. Part of the overall McKesson, McKesson Pharmacy Technology & Services (MPTS) is a portfolio of four businesses that provides technology and services to retail, mail order, PBMs, hospital and health systems pharmacies. MPTS offers a wide array of solutions, including pharmacy workflow software, clinical programs, inventory optimization, government program optimization including 340B compliance, data analytics and services, and automation. MPTS is part of McKesson Corporation, recently ranked 5th on the FORTUNE 500, which touches over 65,000 pharmacies every day. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our missionby joining McKesson Pharmacy Systems you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. We understand the importance of a system that works together. You'll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payers to pharmacies. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that's vital to us all. Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson's MPS team has an opening for a Director of Pharmaserv and PharmacyRx Customer Experience in our Moon Township, PA office. This position requires up to 20% travel.
The Director of Pharmaserv and PharmacyRx Customer Experience is responsible for the ongoing customer satisfaction and retention of the Pharmaserv and PharmacyRx customer base of approximately 2000 customer sites. This role will actively manage the solutions utilized in this customer base post go-live, and will work collaboratively with peers and key departments to provide a high level of client support through effective management of operations, personnel development, issue resolution and adherence to sound business practices to ensure organizational goals are met. The Director of Pharmaserv and PharmacyRx Customer Experience will be responsible for a team of 11 FTEs, and the position will involve high-level internal and external interactions across all of McKesson. This position is responsible for the key departmental objectives outlined below:
Advocate Know the customer, and educate others about the customer, advocate on customers' behalf to make sure their needs are understood and addressed appropriately. Identify opportunities for product innovation to feed the product development roadmap and formally communicate those to product management in an effort to drive action.
Monitor Monitor customers' support activity in order to proactively get ahead of issues and help drive customer adoption, satisfaction, and loyalty.
Optimize Ensure customer is deriving value from MPT solutions, working with them to optimize use of functionality and introducing new functionality to them.
Engage Establish routine communication with Customers, Implementation, Support, Product Management, Software Development, Third Party and Account Teams to develop and execute strategies to better meet customer expectations and to ensure collaboration & teamwork across departments.
Lead and partner with senior leaders to establish and execute a strategy for customer satisfaction and retention for Pharmaserv and PharmacyRx products and services.
- Key leader in the restructure of the Account Management model focused on driving more customer facing value from these roles with responsibility for staffing and execution of the newly defined model.
- This includes partnering with peers across the organization to identify the value that MPS solutions provide enabling the Technical Account Managers to articulate those to customers in the form of a business review.
- Partners with Sales for setting the sales strategy and model for penetrating the customer with additional products and services along with key customer contract renewals.
- Includes identifying, leading and/or coordinating across McKesson, when appropriate, One McKesson synergy opportunities or customer concern resolution.
- It also includes the development of SMART employee goals and KPIs to track progress and monitor results.
Develop high levels of client satisfaction by aligning Technical Account Management organization to provide customer-focused support emphasizing quality, responsiveness and technical expertise.
- Oversee the management of customers following implementation, including contract adherence, financial obligations, external interface compliance, system integration issues, communications and overall client satisfaction.
- Promote and optimize client product ownership and clinical integration.
- Proactively identify and address support situations that could jeopardize client satisfaction by applying equitable and consistent problem solving techniques.
- Ensure that project deliverables are controlled & monitored to ensure that financial, product & resource contract commitments are met.
- Participate in key customer interactions leading to key retention and new business development; anticipate and successfully address at-risk customers.
Provide the departmental leadership and direction necessary to gain and maintain resource depth and maturity to quickly and skillfully meet the support demands of the future.
- Maximize productivity by organizing resources to meet business demands and positioning the appropriate skill sets for maximum problem anticipation and resolution.
- Promote intra- and inter-departmental teamwork by focusing system consulting objectives to critical business issues.
- Continually improve the strength of the TAM team through effective resource hiring, professional development and mentoring opportunities.
- Build and maintain a strong team by emphasizing teamwork and camaraderie, developing a depth of business understanding, encouraging role development and accountability growth.
Know the Pharmaserv and PharmacyRx customers, educate others within MPS and McKesson about the customers and advocate on their behalf to make sure the needs of these customers are understood and addressed appropriately to provide assistance with needs and future growth strategies.
- Seek opportunities to maximize product benefits by reengineering policies to incorporate key product features and functions.
- Capability to assist in resolution of discrepancies between user policies and software functionality through technical solutions or policy re-engineering.
Develop and maintain key customer relationships and promote and optimize client produce ownership through support of:
- Client accountability for system maintenance.
- Product support and troubleshooting.
- MPS webinar and training opportunities to encourage use of new features and functionality.
Work proactively with sales, marketing, customer experience operations and upper management to identify, communicate, escalate and resolve critical client / project issues in a preemptive and timely manner. Represent the Account Management team on the Customer Experience leadership team. Provide feedback and leadership to ensure alignment with the organization.
4+ years experience in consulting, project management, and/ or deployment of business requirements to information systems including 2+ years managerial experience.
10+ years of healthcare experience or Information Systems experience, in fields related to pharmacy information systems, including 5+ years managerial experience. 10+ years of demonstrated experience leading complex, multifaceted teams with various stakeholders. Demonstrated financial acumen and business administration skills, including solid knowledge of financial operations.
- Demonstrated leadership experience with the ability to quickly identify, analyze and evaluate problems and opportunities and recommend and implement potential solutions.
- Outstanding communication skills: verbal, written and presentation skills. Able to communicate issues in a clear and articulate fashion while showing creativity and innovation in presenting ideas.
- Collaboration and good negotiating skills are imperative to interface with partners, clients and horizontal departments.
- Willing to take ownership and lead by example.
- Process and metric oriented. Establishes methods to monitor progress at achieving objectives and capable of redirecting when things are not going as planned.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Six Sigma or Continuous Improvement experience preferred.
- Positive, professional demeanor and presentation in all internal and client interactions
- Pharmacy/Account Management experience preferred.
4-year degree in business or computer science or related field or equivalent experience
General Office Demands
Requires approximately 20% overnight travel. Benefits & Company Statement We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team. It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Pharmacy Systems & Automation, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare. At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you. Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history. McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.