Director of Engineering
Sparks, NV ** relocation assistance available**
The Director of Engineering is responsible for the operational and project engineering aspects of the Engineering Department including areas of:
- department budget
- personnel evaluations of project engineers
- engineering standards
- procedure specifications
- drawing standards
- scheduling/management of production support drawings and customer submittal drawings
- test equipment design
- product testing
- engineering standards
- project management aspect of the Engineering Department work
What you will be responsible for:
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner, so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- You are expected to act in a safe manner at all times and ensure that those around you do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Management Responsibility - Adhere to Responsibilities of Management Positions Guidelines, including responsibility for established 'Ethics and Compliance' policies.
- Establishes operational objectives and delegates assignments to subordinate managers and personnel within the Engineering Department.
- Responsible for providing Project Management Group with drawings/documents in accordance with established milestones for individual projects.
- Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers.
- Manages activities of sections within the department through subordinate managers or supervisors who exercise full supervision in terms of costs, methods, and employees per approved Engineering Department procedures.
- Reviews and approves distribution of all pertinent engineering documentation and is responsible for the issuance of Technical Memorandums, Directives and Reports per approved Engineering Department procedures.
- Responsible for maintenance and revision of Engineering Departmental ISO procedures, and has the responsibility of coordinating training of subordinate staff in accordance with published ISO procedures.
- Responsible for the distribution of all pertinent Technical information to other departments.
- Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area through several Departments within the company. Having overall responsibility for planning, budgeting, implementing and maintaining costs, methods and employees of the Engineering Department.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor of Science in mechanical engineering from an accredited educational establishment.
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in rotating machinery and auxiliaries design and manufacture, experience with particular reference to application of cryogenic technology.
- Minimum 2 years management experience in engineering aspect of totaling machinery business with emphasis on International Liquid Gas market.
- Experience in electrical instrumentation and pressure vessel system design and application particularly in gas hazardous areas. Knowledge of applicable domestic and international development codes.
- Technical proficiency across departmental software including: CAD, FEA, scheduling management software (Visual Vault or ERP etc.)
- Self-motivated, success oriented individual with proven discipline, communication and organizational development skills.
- Proven 'Team Leader' with strong directional leadership skills
Who you'll work for:
A global lead in the Pump industry, this company has locations worldwide that specialize in a variety of products in Cryodynamics, Fluid Handling and Custom projects. For nearly 40 years this organization has been designing products for the liquified gas industry.
What we can offer you:
In addition to competitive salaries and discretionary bonus earnings, employees can look forward to a comprehensive benefits plan including full Medical, Dental and Vision (100% employer paid premium), retirement planning with a 5% match on your 401(k).
About Strategic IT Staffing
With over 20 years of staffing experience in the technical information field, Strategic IT Staffing knows the industry well from the most rewarding jobs available to the hottest career choices to make. In addition, we are owned and operated by industry experts who have worked in the information arena for over two decades. When you choose to work through Strategic IT Staffing, you choose a team approach to employment. We match your career choice and skills with an employer who needs your knowledge and expertise. We make sure you are in control of your career. Strategic IT Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.