Our client is a global leader in engineered materials to power, protect and connect our world.
The Director of Innovation will develop innovative specialty materials and components that enable technology in a wide array of high-growth markets.
The Director of Innovation will lead efforts to drive execution and validation of new technical, commercial opportunities. Work with Innovation Center individuals and teams to establish milestones and priorities, monitor progress on projects, prioritize and drive key initiatives for organic growth and partnering. Place emphasis on coaching and resource development to ensure that team members are appropriately oriented towards success vs stated goals. Work with R&D and New Business Development to identify and address potential resource gaps in platform efforts.
● Ensure focused execution on Technical/Commercial Validation of platform opportunities.
● Direct (and coach) resources on the selection and prioritization of strategic areas of interest using appropriate tools to gauge market/technical need, opportunity size, and growth rate, as well as overall potential, right/ability for the company to grow and maintain a strong market leadership position with significant revenue.
● Oversee efforts to outline programs that enable the market to be vetted and demonstrated.
● Lead efforts of rapidly developing programs to generate data on the viability of an approach; direct internal resources in the generation and analysis of tangible Proof Points
● Work with VP of R&D and New Business Development to identify and address skill/resource gaps and ensure successful development of value added products in strategic growth areas.
● Support strategic direction, identifying research and development relationships with key players in supply chain and companies that for partnership or technology acquisition.
● Develop the business case to recommend strategies for pursuing targeted opportunities.