Location: Rancho Cordova, CA
With more than 117 years of technology innovation, a global team of 100,000, and 64,000+ technology patents, NEC is in the business of providing solutions that focus on safety, security, operational efficiency - enabling people to live brighter, more enriched lives. We call this orchestrating a brighter world. As recognized leaders in Biometric technologies, we boast an array of award winning solutions which support Law Enforcement, Citizen Services & Immigration, Commercial Markets, and Public facilities Management. NEC Advanced Recognition Systems are experiencing significant growth and expect to soar to new heights with the addition of key talent like you.
We are currently looking to add an experienced and skilled Director of Project Management to our passionate and dedicated team located in Sacramento CA. This key leadership position directs the activities of the Project Management Office of the Advanced Recognition Systems Division. You will be responsible for ensuring all projects adhere to scope, schedule, and budget while maintaining profitability and meeting revenue forecasts. This role requires a strong leader who can prioritize activities and has strong decision making abilities. A results oriented leader who effectively utilizes resources to accomplish current objectives is required, with the vision and foresight to incorporate future planning into their strategy. Leadership of the Project Management Office includes the administration of the department, but a focus on results oriented deliveries is the primary task.
This position is a key role within the organization, providing tremendous impact to customer satisfaction and growth. Experience with biometric solutions (fingerprint, face, and iris) is required to provide the foundation for sound decision making. Soft skills including the ability to develop relationships with customers, work with other department heads, and mentor their staff are also key to success. A cross-functional matrix organization is provided, and requires the Director to manage a broad portfolio of projects across multiple verticals (both domestically and abroad).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities –
- The Director position requires strong analytical skills and effective change management to ensure planning and execution meet the organization’s objectives. Risk management and planning is a necessary component of the position, providing direction and guidance on mitigation.
- Experience in waterfall and Agile project deliveries is required
- Strong financial acumen is a prerequisite as the position has direct P&L responsibility. The ability to accurately forecast cost and revenue buildup, in tandem with customer satisfaction, are key objectives of the Director position
- Excellent presentation abilities will aid the Director in keeping clients and executive management informed of current and future activities. The successful candidate will be comfortable in presenting to groups, including customer and internal executives. Sharing and expressing their vision and strategies for delivery and implementation with sales and marketing efforts is a part of the Director’s inter-department responsibilities
- BE, BS or BA (or equivalent) within a technical or business field or equivalent work experience required
- Advanced Project Management Skills
- 10+ years of demonstrated Project Management experience, with a minimum of 5 years in a management position
- Experience managing client-facing projects
- Experience managing implementations of fingerprint/facial recognition/iris identification Biometrics Systems (or a combination thereof) is required
- Current PMP Certification preferred
- Highly developed communication skills; the ability to interact effectively with people across the enterprise and within customer organizations to accomplish assigned tasks; the ability to build and motivate multifunctional project teams
- Must take initiative, be able to work independently, and produce measurable results that positively impact the project baselines; the ability to collect and filter relevant data valid for decision-making in a dynamic environment, and to integrate individual demands, requirements, and limitations into decisions that benefit the overall portfolio
- Advanced knowledge and ability to use the software required, specifically Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access, etc.). Strong Excel skills required to create budgets and forecasts Experienced in planning, staffing, and project control
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Project
- Ability to calculate revenue, margin, and profits
We are passionate about our people and growing our NEC family. If you believe you meet the position criteria coupled with seeking a career home, then apply now.
NEC is consistently recognized as one of the 50 most innovative companies globally. (by Boston Consulting)
ABOUT NEC CORPORATION OF AMERICA
Headquartered in Irving, Texas, NEC is a leading provider of innovative IT, biometrics, network, and communications products and solutions for service carriers and Fortune 1000 and SMB businesses across multiple vertical industries, including healthcare, government, education, and hospitality. NEC delivers one of the industry's broadest portfolios of technology solutions and professional services, including unified communications, wireless, voice and data, managed services, server and storage infrastructure, optical network systems, microwave radio communications, and biometric security. NEC is a wholly owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation, a global technology leader with a presence in over 44 countries and more than $37.5 billion in revenue. For more information, please visit www.necam.com.
NEC Corporation of America and its subsidiaries is committed to the maximum utilization of all human resources and the goal of Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, genetic characteristics, height, weight, arrest record pertaining to misdemeanors or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
EOE-Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities