• Under the guidance and monitoring of disability peer trainers, undertakes extensive training to develop skills needed for the adjudication of Social Security Administration disability claims.
• Learns basic human anatomy and medical information about disease processes, medical nomenclature and terminology, diagnostic studies and procedures/tests. Studies the Social Security Act with a major focus on Title II, Title XVI and amendments,
• Social Security rulings and federal regulations pertaining to medical, vocational and legal standards for disability.
• Develops skills in interviewing and in obtaining information from the applicant, medical and legal sources.
• Learns how to develop information pertinent to and supporting the application for benefits. Researches medical and vocational issues.
• Learns how to evaluate statements, claims and evidence for sufficiency, consistency, validity and credibility. With assistance from the peer trainer, determines eligibility for disability benefits and prepares a formal explanation of the determination
Thorough background check required including basic background, credit check, and comprehensive evaluation. Finger prints will be required