LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
Assist General Auditor in running the Internal Audit function with other Directors Internal Audit and Senior Managers, Internal Audit. The Director Audit will have Managers and/or Senior Managers reporting directly to her/him with staff level auditors reporting one level below the Director. General responsibilities include risk assessment; audit plan development; setting and managing department objectives, policies and procedures; managing and developing assigned internal audit team members; leading/managing assigned audits from planning to report phases; and contributing to enhancing the Company's audit methodology. Coordinates and effectively communicates with various departments throughout the enterprise and at all levels regarding accounting and business issues, audit findings, risk management and management action plans. Will also work with external auditor to leverage work/resources and minimize duplication, where possible.
Fosters strong morale and team spirit. A key member of the Internal Audit Management team who contributes to and effectively influences decisions to achieve desired results. Position requires overtime during various times of the month/year. 10% - 20% travel may be required.Roles & Responsibilities
- Drive changes in Internal Audit and Enterprise operations that lead to company/department operational efficiencies and savings. Identify opportunities to complete audit work more efficiently and apply new audit tools and techniques.
- Represent the department while interfacing with senior management, management and personnel in the organization at all times regarding accounting and business issues, audit findings, management action plans and operational efficiency. Lead discussions with management and officers and act as a role model for less experienced staff.
- Develop/participate in internal audit risk assessment and risk-based audit plan.
- Manage audits, SOX testing and auditors by providing daily oversight and support and prioritizing issues based on relevance, significance and impact to the organization. Review and edit documents of others.
- Stay current on developments in the audit profession, industry and within the company and act as an Enterprise resource for critical subject matter area and/or knowledge of key business processes.
- To assess the management of risk and drive change in the organization, effectively utilize a broad range of tools to support audit work, including data analysis tools such as IDEA, benchmarking and business research tools. Demonstrate advanced knowledge of SAP modules and extract data and research for analysis.
- Lead Sr. Managers, Managers and team members and foster collaboration and cooperation among members.
- Effectively recruit, coach, train and mentor auditors to develop skill levels and auditing awareness for promotion within Internal Audit and out into the business. Accountable for the performance management of their appointed team members to ensure goals and objectives are achieved.
- Bachelor's Degree is required with a major in Accounting, Finance or other related degree. MBA a plus.
- Typically requires a minimum of 15 to 20 years of relevant business experience (mix of Finance/Accounting and functional/operations strongly preferred) with a preferred minimum of 10 years in auditing/internal controls at a global public accounting firm and/or global publicly traded/listed company, including several years of experience working directly with senior leaders.
- Previous experience building and managing a world class auditing organization/team or managing audits at a global public accounting firm is desirable.
3. Minimum of 5 years managing a Sarbanes-Oxley testing program and a proven ability to independently evaluate controls over business and financial processes.
4. The ideal candidate shall have rich expereinces and proven record in buildig teams, provide coaching and mentoring to team members.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Professional certification such as CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE or other is preferred.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston