Engineer wanted for a structural analyst position. Preferred candidate would have an E.I.T. or P.E. certification, have a strong background in RISA 3-D, steel design/analysis, and AutoCAD. Job will include analysis and modification of steel non-building structures and concrete foundations in an industry that emphasizes quality and speed. Some drafting will be required. Working knowledge of building codes and standards (i.e. AISC, ACI 318) required.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform structural analyses on existing tower structures to determine their structural capacity
- Review structural analyses performed by others for thoroughness and accuracy
- Perform structural calculations on foundations of towers to determine their capacity
- Design tower modifications to reinforce tower structures, and their foundations. Coordinate the design with drafting to produce accurate detailed drawings for bidding and construction.
- Write professional engineering analysis reports, and review peer reports, to be submitted to local jurisdictions for permitting
- Build upon, improve, maintain, and create tools, including but not limited to spreadsheets, proficiency in excel and visual basic desired
- Communicate challenges, timelines, etc. to the client and other stake holders
- Stay current with standard changes effecting tower and communication structures and industry
- Utilize the company's work-flow process
- Aid in the training of new engineers
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineer, specializing in structures
- EIT required, preparing for or recently obtained a PE preferred
4 years of structural engineering experience, preferably in structural steel design, at least one year in telecom
- Risa 3D or similar FEA software, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office suite
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of IBC, AISC, ACI 318, TIA-222 and other standards
- Strong sense of urgency and desire to meet client deadlines
- Excel, visual basic, Quickbase proficiency desired
Email me your Resume, References, and best contact # today
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.