Position: ECAD/PCB/EDA Librarian
Duration: 12 Months
Address: Tucson , Arizona , 85756
This position is to develop ECAD/EDA library elements for a corporate central library. Individual will be responsible for development of electronic schematic symbols and PCB footprint cells using the Mentor Graphics Expedition/EDM tool suite utilizing vendor datasheets as well as industry and company standards. Additional responsibilities include interfacing with varying engineering disciplines including, the corporate National ECAD Library team, ECAD/PCB Layout Design Engineers, Product Development Engineers, Component Engineers, Program Management, Engineering and project leads and external electronic component manufacturers.
- A minimum of two years of experience in ECAD/EDA library development of symbols and cells using Mentor Graphics Expedition software suite; DMS or xDM or EDM.
- A Minimum of two years of technical working knowledge of electronic components including semiconductors, passive components and electromechanical commodities and their applications.
- Understanding of the ECAD/PCB layout design processes, PCB/CCA fabrication and board manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of ECAD library management practices and ECAD Library development principles to minimize design risks and hazards.
- Familiarity and/or experience with a parts request tool and library maintenance and management practices.
- \Ability to interpret component manufacturer’s datasheets including electrical, functional and mechanical data as well as MIL specs and standards related to library development.
- Understanding of IPC-7351 standard land patterns and/or other footprint calculation methods and standards or IPC-7351 like automation development tool(s)
- Experience in a fast-pace, high volume ECAD Library environment for production work with shifting priorities and measured throughput.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows including standard business application software (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Knowledge of operating system concepts and implementations as well as networked services including collaboration tools and documentation archives.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work with and take directions from Functional Management, Component Engineers, Sr. ECAD Librarians, Product Development Engineer, ECAD/PCB Design Layout Engineers and varying levels of related engineering disciplines.
- Strong written communication skills as well as strong customer interaction skills using a variety of communication methodologies including Email, telephone, instant messaging and video conferencing.
- Current Department of Defense Security Clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree required - Preferred major in Electrical, Industrial or Computer Engineering, or similar relevant technology degree.
Engineering & Aerospace