Project management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. Oversees all aspects of projects. Sets deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitors and summarizes progress of project. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project. Works directly with clients to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. Coordinates with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible and will hire new talent as needed to fulfill client needs.
- Ensures that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project.
* Maintains project/program management related documents including but not limited to contract status sheets, CMMI Process Area Artifacts for programs and projects. Creates, coordinates, and publishes new projects in response to delivery order receipt, and/or project/program updates.
* Collaborates on the strategic planning and development of white paper recommendations for automation, process improvements and incorporation of new technologies.
* Monitors project to ensure work scope, schedule, and budget are well defined and maintained. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project.
* Provides the coordination between resource managers/supervisors and ensures all necessary reviews and approvals are received.
* Functions collaboratively as part of a fast-paced, customer oriented team and performs effectively as a member of a program team.
* Conducts performance/project analyses during phase-down to benefit future/other projects/missions/programs. Mentors and develops team members providing guidance on assigned tasks as appropriate.
* Builds and maintains working relationships with team members, vendors, client, and other departments involved in the project.
* Typically supervises two to three medium sized projects. Managed revenue responsibility is typically $500k - $1M
* Responsible for profit/loss, operating income, revenue. Responsible for organic growth.
* Overall responsibility for leading the program, department, or functional area as designated. Oversees. directs, and mentors subordinate staff; communicates job expectations and enforces organizational policies, procedures and core values; responsible for recruiting staff, approving timecards, and conducting performance reviews and disciplinary measures.
- Bachelor's Degree in an appropriate field of study or equivalent relevant experience.
- 6-8 years of experience with a minimum of 3 years Project Management experience.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Other Job Specific Skills
Experience working with Electronic Health Records (EHR/EMR) systems is highly desirable
Experience with the following:
- Developing and Tracking Budgets
- Process Improvement
- Performance Management
- Superior communication skills in working with technical and non-technical people and the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships among all levels of an organization and with customers.
- Experience interfacing with government customer to understand, interpret, and analyze requirements.
- Ability to manage and lead others.
- Excellent organizational and time/task management skills.
- A polished, professional demeanor with good interpersonal skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of contingency planning, disaster recovery, or continuity of operations (COOP).
- Must have experience working on government contracts.
- Must be capable of working in an environment that is demanding, sometimes stressful and requires independent thinking, problem resolution and responsible actions with minimal direct oversight by senior management.
- Experience writing and delivering performance appraisals and providing constructive feedback