For further inquiries regarding the following opportunity, please contact one of our Talent Specialists Karthik | 630 847 1776
Job Title: EHS-Facilities Engineer
Location: Sunnyvale,California local candidates preferred, 100% onsite
Duration: 12 months
Hours: M-F (40 hours per week),.
Education Required: BS Degree in Engineering or Sciences (Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Sciences, Physics)
Experience: 3-5 years in a EHS/facilities role (both)
TOP 3 MUST HAVES:
1. Comprehensive knowledge of environmental, safety and health regulations (HSE)
2. Experience with building systems; such as HVAC, refrigeration, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection.
3. Knowledge and work experience with management of hazardous waste and medical waste preferred.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The CTCSV EHS/Facilities Engineer will be responsible for the implementation of all SHE programs and all facilities and maintenance activities at the Client Technology Center--Silicon Valley (CTCSV.)
Encompasses construction, space utilization, scheduling of preventative maintenance, repair, and compliance with safety policies and regulations for buildings and grounds. Responsible for planning plant, office and production equipment layouts for economy of operation and maximum utilization of facilities and equipment. Reviews and estimates design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related costs. Develops criteria and performance specifications for facilities and equipment required to meet unique operating requirements and building and safety codes. This will include, but not limited to:
Coordinating and overseeing contractors performing maintenance and SHE activities
Designing and overseeing the implementation of facility expansion, layout, various systems, and quality controls
Ensuring compliance with relevant regulations, building codes, and health and safety standards
ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure safe and efficient operations and maintenance of facility
- Develop preventative and predictive maintenance plan
- Personally inspect facility weekly for maintenance needs and safety hazards
- Own all facilities and maintenance SOP's and maintain their accuracy
- Walk facility daily and document task lists
- Manage integrated facility management and SHE contractors, as needed
- Management of Change
- Lab changes review, approve, and document.
- Connect with Client Science and Technology SHE as well as Corporate.
- Chemical Approvals manage and improve process.
- Laboratory and office inspections (manage inspectors, update periodically).
- Safety equipment inspections (Shower/eyewash, Lights, gas alarms, spill kits, etc)
- Reviews and estimates design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related costs.
- Develops criteria and performance specifications for facilities and equipment required to meet unique operating requirements and building and safety codes.
- Ensure all building repairs are completed to company standards
- Ensure completion of annual lab assessments
- Chemical Inventory, including SDS management
- Conduct annual Asset Inventory
- Keep up to date on all training for staff, schedule classroom classes when needed.
- Schedule and carry out emergency drills (Fire, Earthquake, Spill)
- Onboarding of new and transferred employees Day One walkthroughs and training. record assignments.
- Review and update CTCSV-specific content as needed (at least annually).
- Liaison between Building Management firm and Client for all things related to SHE.
- Facilitate Interaction with Client Legal and Corporate SHE.
- Host and develop content for Monthly EHS meetings.
- Provide content and present at Staff Meetings.
- Point of Contact for SHE questions.
- First point of contact for lab related issues for Security team. (Weekend, night)
Manage Compliance Obligations
- Keep all permits current (Client Employee likely required to communicate to regulatory agencies)
- Wastewater, ISO14001, Alarm use permit, Fire and Hazmat Permit, Medical Waste, EPA ID, Compressed air tank.
- Manage required regulatory submissions (ZD, TOMP, HMBP, etc.)
- Review of local, State, Federal regulations and applicability to CTCSV
- OSHA reporting, including incidents and follow ups.
- Hazardous Waste management. Includes e-waste, hazwaste, batteries. (Employee signs Manifests)
- Medical Waste Management. Ensure program is functioning.
- Oversight of Recycling, Trash, Organic Recycling program at CTCSV.
Records, Policies, Documentation
- Monitor and continually improve Documents and Records and where stored
- Apply DARM policies and ensure compliance.
- Update documents like Compliance Manual, IIPP, Medical waste Management. Assign and act on update frequency.
- Manage Gensuite. Site Profile updates, Incidents, Compliance Calendar.
- Owner of ISO14001 Program.
- Update records and documentation. Manage DARM, CAPA, Annual projects.
- Plan and lead Internal and External Audits.
- Work with CTCSV SHE team, SandT team, leadership, and CTCSV employees to implement Environmental Management System.
About us: DivIHN, the 'IT Asset Performance Services' organization, provides Professional Consulting, Custom Projects, and Professional Resource Augmentation services to clients in the Mid-West and beyond. The strategic characteristics of the organization are Standardization, Specialization, and Collaboration.
DivIHN is an equal opportunity employer. DivIHN does not and shall not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.