Our client is a major manufacturer of Adhesives and they need an EHS Manager who will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable local, state, federal and company regulatory standards and policies related to environment and industrial safety at their facility. Educate, facilitate, and support the organization in implementation of a Continuous Improvement Culture that has a never ending focus on improving business results
Ensure compliance with all applicable local, state, federal and company regulatory standards and policies related to environment and industrial safety. Technical resource for environmental, industrial and process safety challenges. Implement culture and behavioral changes in EHS performance and ensure the EHS programs and activities are sustained.
● Lead and manage EHS program, including training, incident management, waste management and minimization, environmental reporting, and emergency response.
● Ensure PSM program compliance with direct responsibility: employee participation and training
● Foster a positive site safety culture by personal example and leadership of site Safety Committee
● Work with and coach management teams with regard to EHS issues/activities
● Interface with regulatory agencies, as needed, on compliance and/or enforcement issues
● Develop and manage the EHS Management System, including translation of regulatory and company requirements into effective procedures, communications and training programs
● Lead/participate incident investigation teams consistent with the level of EHS expertise needed
● Lead/participate in process hazard analyses (PHAs) and other process safety activities
● EHS resource for EHS information and regulatory compliance related to capital project reviews
● Monitor, track and report on EHS KPIs develop action plans to improve in EHS performance
● Communicate effectively in management meetings, plant meetings, and training sessions.
● Identify, assess, prioritize, and manage risk appropriately.
● Interact with all levels of the company: executive management through operators on the floor
● Prioritize and manage multiple projects, often on short or changing timelines
● Identify, communicate and implement improvement initiatives in EHS