The primary purpose of this job is to support the Manager, Environmental, Health, Safety and Security (EHSS) with day to day EHSS programs and requirements to ensure EHSS compliance with regulations, policies, procedures and best practices.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Adheres to Integer's Values and all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and Security Management Systems, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Performs inspections, audits, and reviews as required by regulations and best practices and helps to identify solutions to findings.
- Assists in conducting projects related to required technical or administrative programs and other company EHSS goals.
- Gathers information from meetings, reports, and audits to use for determining trends, generating reports, and maintaining action trackers.
- Assists in collecting, maintaining, and analyzing EHSS statistics and prepares reports required for internal and external requirements.
- Supports compliance with hazardous waste and hazardous materials usage, storage, and disposal.
- Coordinates and assists with EHSS training programs.
- Facilitates review and completion of accident investigations and corrective actions for incidents, near-misses, injuries.
- Promotes Behavior Based Safety principles in accordance with company EHSS philosophy, programs, and culture.
- Assists in maintaining records, files and reports as required by OSHA, EPA, DOT, NFPA, and other local, state and country regulations.
- Maintains safety equipment in working order and performs or coordinates required inspections, maintenance and testing as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum Education: Associate's degree in environmental, natural, or equivalent science, engineering technology, occupational safety/industrial hygiene, or fire safety. Certifications preferred: First Aid, CPR, & AED; DOT/IATA, RCRA.
- Minimum Experience: 1-3 years of experience with EHSS in a manufacturing environment.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Special Skills: Basic knowledge of physical properties and hazards of chemicals. Well organized with excellent recordkeeping abilities, good interpersonal and communication skills, well organized, self-driven, team player, attentive to details and ability to take direction.
- Specialized Knowledge: Federal and state requirements pertaining to OSHA, EPA, DOT, IATA, Lasers, Radiation or other regulations regarding Environmental, Health, and Safety. Proficiency with Microsoft office applications and databases. Ability to solve technical and analytical problems.
- Other: Must have the ability to wear personal protective equipment (including respirators).