EMERGENCY DEPT. REGISTRATION
-Part-time Night shift (4 days a wk): 10:30pm -7am
Fulltime Evening Shift (5 days a wk): 2:15pm -10:45pm
Evening (5 days within 2 wk period): 2:15pm-10:45pm
- Works with internal and external customers to efficiently and accurately enter patients into the
system, in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Greets patients and pre-registers/registers patients promptly, professionally, and efficiently, in
accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Follows the National Patient Safety Goals in regard to patient identification.
- Requests photo identification and copies of insurance card(s). Indicates in system when photo
identification or insurance card(s) are unavailable.
- Collects and verifies all comprehensive personal, financial and medical information in an effective and
courteous manner for the registration process.
claims and obtain payment.
- Communicates to the patient the patient's financial responsibilities. Requests co-pay or deductible when
- Properly and accurately registers patients utilizing legal name and date of birth and immediately issues
patient identification bracelet at the end of the registration process.
Two years of medical office or customer service experience. Word processing skills required along with PC experience; basic
EPIC exp preferred