This is a full time job with full benefits.
Project Engineer has the responsibility for coordination of all technical and engineering activities and projects. Plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates engineering work. Monitors work for compliance to applicable codes and accepted engineering practices. Ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project participants.
Responsible and accountable to ensure that all assigned vendors and sub-contractors are coordinating their activities with other project participants. Technical Engineer must have sufficient technical knowledge and awareness of details to be able to recognize when technical problems are developing in the various disciplines and to initiate appropriate corrective actions.
Technical Engineer retains overall accountability for relationship management and customer satisfaction on the project.
Position requires “hands on” tool repair, tool maintenance and tool change over. Project Engineer will work in a highly collaborative environment with management and other employees. Project Engineer will work closely with mold technicians, set-up personnel and temporary employees and quality control.
TYPICAL DUTIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Project Engineering schedules and forecasts.
- Coordination and checking of engineering deliverables.
- Weekly project status reports and change orders.
- Other duties may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical and management aspects of projects.
- Accountable for the successful completion of engineering
- Requires extensive regular contact with assigned project customers.
- Assist in the preparation of engineering project proposals.
- “Hands on” mold maintenance, mold maintenance records and mold repairs.
- Participating in customer meetings and resolving customer/engineering and management issues.
- Review Purchase Orders necessary to complete mold repair and customer requests.
- Ensure effective engineering and customer communications.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned.
- Can work with with Solidworks, Autocad, etc.
- Experience with SPC activities (Cpk/Ppk functions, Histograms, etc.)
- Familiar with DOE (Design of Experiments)
- Familiar with Mold Design and Function
- Familiar with Resins (characteristics/properties/uses)
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data, uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Design – Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations, uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Management project team activities.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others; ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responses well to questions, demonstrates group presentation skills, participates in meetings.
- Written Communications – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar, varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others; views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Visionary Leadership – Displays passion and optimism; inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
Keywords - Engineer, Engineering, Plastic, Injection Mold, Tooling, Resin, Project Engineer, Engineer, Engineering, Plastic, Injection Mold, Tooling, Resin, Project Engineer