We are a company where people truly believe in what they do and strive to achieve the highest standards of performance and success.
The role of the EPMO Project Manager is to manage all phases of approved projects according to strict deadlines and budget constraints using the project portfolio life cycle as defined by the EPMO. This position will work with project sponsors, firm resources, and outside contractors as required to track progress, communicate project updates, and deliver on project milestones and requirements. This individual must have a combination of proven soft and technical skills to successfully lead a project from initiation to close. This role must be adept at anticipating issues and risks stemming from project assumptions and uncertainties and resolving them effectively when they surface. Efforts assigned to the EPMO Project Manager can span across different business units and involve all aspects of the firm's technology and processes with varying degrees of complexity and size.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Work with business owners and sponsors to capture business requirements and scope for small to medium projects. Partner with business analysts and subject matter experts for larger and more complex efforts.
- Conduct activity planning, time estimating, and task sequencing with key project stakeholders.
- Create project plans with clear milestones, resources, and dependencies that reflect stated goals.
- Assist with developing project budget and obtaining executive approvals.
- Document and assign tasks to team members and follow up when tasks are overdue.
- Monitor project costs, risks, resources, and project tasks and address any deviation from plan.
- Keep project team informed of relevant changes and updates using established communication tools, templates and techniques.
- Promote project methodologies and standards to project team members.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Review deliverables prepared by the project team for accuracy and completeness before passing to project stakeholders.
- Facilitate project meetings, including the creation of agendas, preparation of materials, and documentation of meeting minutes and results.
- Manage project issues and assess impacts to scope, schedule, quality and cost as needed.
- Ensure timely completion of project milestones, status reports and deliverables by actively working with team members to track progress.
- Ensure project documents are current and stored in designated locations. Archive project artifacts when the project is closed.
- Coordinate and manage project testing, production changes, and release rollout as part of the quality control and project management process.
- Measure and report project performance using appropriate tools, metrics, and techniques.
- Assist with onboarding and training activities for new project team members.
- Overtime may be required in meeting project deadlines.
- Some travel may be required to support project activities.
- 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager or similar role.
- Experience in SDLC Methodologies, Agile, SCRUM, SDLC / Waterfall.
- Extensive working experience with Microsoft Office, Project and Visio or similar cloud-based tools.
- Proven experience in project management principles, practices, and techniques.
- Hands-on experience with project management software.
- Possess strong organizational, time-management, communication, and writing skills.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects at the same time.
- Ability to facilitate, mediate, and resolve project conflicts effectively.
- Ability to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Possess sound judgment.
- Ability to deliver engaging, informative, and well-organized presentations.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short and long-range goals.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- General understanding in the areas of application development, network architecture, and IT security.
- Must be able to learn, understand and apply new technologies quickly.
- Ability to offer constructive feedback to and accept direct feedback from others.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from accredited college or university.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus.
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certification a plus.