The Enterprise Resource Planning, Manager is a key member of the IS team reporting directly to the Director, Enterprise Applications. This position implements the overall corporate Information Service’s strategy for Oracle users at AZZ locations in the US and globally through the coordination of personnel by performing the following duties personally or through others:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides leadership and innovation to complex business solutions for the improvement of user interaction with applications and technologies.
- Resolves system, applications and process problems by leveraging Systems, Applications, Analysts, Business Function Experts, Vendors and contract personnel as required.
- Work with internal and external auditors to provide clarity on business practices and resolve issues.
- Lead patches and ERP upgrade projects.
- Maintains a successful database environment by directing or performing all related activities to keep the data secure.
- Develops process training to accommodate AZZ’s application and system utilization and roll-out strategies throughout operation sites.
- Review and refinement of business processes, best practices, and application utilization to achieve greater efficiencies during implementations, upgrades, acquisitions and transitions
- Identifies and coordinates application and process training needs of the organization.
- Provides Application, Process and Training assistance during implementations, upgrades, acquisitions and transitions.
- Reduce process interruptions through development of system and patch test routines.
- Produces appropriate documentation to support the systems development projects assigned.
- Proactively consults with management to determine boundaries and priorities of new projects and considered process changes.
- Confers with department heads involved with considered process changes to ensure cooperation and further define the nature of process changes and training requirements.
- Develops application validation and testing schedules for quality and process checking new programs, patches, and processes.
- Maintain good standing with all customers, internal and external.
PROFILE LEVEL DESCRIPTION
- Provides leadership and direction to a team of analysts.
- Responsible for interaction with Operation leaders in order to meet their needs.
- Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives as well as understanding of business objectives.
- Recommends innovation and improvement to policy or procedures under guidelines that require judgment and discretion on issues relating to the EBS.
- Manages the planning, organization, and controls within the functional area or department. May be responsible for a mix of direct and matrix reports.
- Serves as the direct report for IT personnel which includes performance evaluation, guidance, and training all while ensuring adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures.
- Discusses job performance problems with employees in order to identify causes and issues. Works to resolve performance problems and recommends appropriate personnel action.
- Ensures training on job duties and company policies is completed for all direct reports.
- Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Information Systems or related field is required.
At least 5 years’ professional experience with Oracle, ERP, Business software, or Business Applications Support is required.
At least 3 years of supervisory experience required.
- Develops a strategic direction that connects the role of the team to successes of AZZ.
- Seeks best practices inside and outside the organization to anticipate changes in the function or business.
- Communicates effectively to a wide variety of audiences at all levels of the organization, comprehending the nuances of both what is said, the delivery mechanism (in person, email, text, telephone, etc.) and how it is said (tone, feelings, and non-verbal cues).
- Must be able to work with both technical and non-technical personnel to solve network problems. Inductive and deductive reasoning, sound judgment and decision making. Critical thinking ability and complex problem solving skills. Must possess ability to negotiate, persuade, and instruct new users in the correct use of the ERP tools. Ability to evaluate, measure, and analyze systems and data. Ability to organize, plan and prioritize data. The ability to utilize creative and out-of-the-box thinking is valued.
- Must have an excellent understanding of Oracle and legacy ERP programs and capabilities. Identify, diagnose, and resolve technical as well as Functional problems, problem escalation, and solution tracking.
- Possess a detailed understanding of network functionality and configuration.
- Experience working directly with end-users as well as client executives in bringing complex systems or applications projects to successful completion is preferred.