ETL Data Warehouse Tester
Are you looking for a rewarding new position with an industry leader with a firm commitment to its employees? Join our team at MultiPlan! Founded in 1980, we are the industry's most comprehensive provider of healthcare cost management solutions. We have almost 1,000,000 healthcare providers under contract, an estimated 70 million consumers accessing our network products, and 46 million claims reduced through our network and non-network solutions each year.
We are currently looking for an ETL Data Warehouse Tester to work in our Naperville, IL office. As an ETL Data Warehouse Tester, you will look to utilize expertise and knowledge through the execution of regular software quality assurance (SQA) test activities that assure organizational products operate correctly and defined requirements are maintained.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Analyze business requirements and technical specifications for organizationally utilized applications. Build and maintain the corresponding test strategy, test plans, and test cases for Multiplan's SQA team
- Execute SQA testing of applications in accordance with project documentation and aligned with company standards
- Perform back-end (database) testing using complex SQL queries on Oracle and SQL Server databases. Complete regression and integration testing as necessary.
- Analyze test results and logs defects in JIRA. Partner with project team members on the resolution and re-testing of identified defects and issues
- Draft, analyze and maintain reports of defects, test results, etc., through JIRA. Provide constructive feedback and process improvement recommendations to the project team as needed.
- Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
- Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
- Demonstrate commitment to the Company's core values.
- Please note due to the exposure of PHI sensitive data -- this role is considered to be a High Risk Role.
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
As an ETL Data Warehouse Tester, you must be highly organized and detail-oriented, with strong analytical, problem solving, and prioritization skills. You should also be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, both independently and as part of a team. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- Minimum high school diploma and 5 years' of IT experienced preferably within the scope of Jr. ETL or Jr. PL/SQL developer or Jr. Oracle DBA or similar roles; 3 years' should be inclusive of data warehouse testing experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Software QA automated test tools
- Knowledge of load testing
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of health care industry a plus
- Knowledge of project management and execution of multiple projects
- Knowledge of health care EDI formats and processes a plus
- Knowledge of the Test Data Management/ETL tools like Informatica, Pervasive etc.
- Exposure to Enterprise Data Architectures like EDW and ODS
- Experience working with complex Logical and Physical Models
- Strong SQL and PL/SQL skills
- Strong Data warehouse end to end and data completeness testing experience.
- Experience in complex ETL mappings, mapplets and complex transformations testing.
- Experience in development of ETL test scripts based on technical specifications/Data design documents and Source to Target mappings.
- Exposure to end-to-end data validation for ETL and BI systems
- Exposure to DB tools like Toad/PL SQL developer/SQL Plus/Sql server management studio
- Experience in Business Intelligence testing in various reports using Cognos, Business Objects, Crystal Reports and Crystal Dashboards
- Communication (verbal, written and listening), planning, organizing, analytical, project management, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to analyze data and arrive at a logical conclusion
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers
- Ability to evaluate production situations and current information to determine the appropriate course of action and execute decisions
- Ability to operate in a dynamic change environment
- Ability to use software, hardware and peripherals related to job responsibilities, including MS Office and Project
- Ability to write and understand complex SQL against Oracle and Sql server databases.
- Individual in this position must be able to work in a standard office environment which requires sitting and viewing monitor(s) for extended periods of time, operating standard office equipment such as, but not limited to, a keyboard, copier and telephone
As an ETL Data Warehouse Tester with MultiPlan, you will be part of an organization with a proud 40-year legacy of experience and growth. We realize that our employees are instrumental to our success, and we reward them accordingly with very competitive compensation and benefits packages, an incentive bonus program, as well as recognition and awards programs. Our work environment is friendly and supportive, and we offer flexible schedules whenever possible, as well as a wide range of live and web-based professional development and educational programs to prepare you for advancement opportunities.
Your benefits will include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Optional and dependent life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid time off
- Paid company holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Summer Hours
Opportunity. Recognition. Satisfaction. Grow your career with MultiPlan!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company will provide equal consideration to all employees and job candidates without regard to sex, age, race, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Engineering & Aerospace, IT & Technical