ETL Data Warehouse Tester
Imagine a workplace that encourages you to interpret, innovate and inspire. Our employees do just that by helping healthcare payers manage the cost of care, improve competitiveness and inspire positive change. You can be part of an established company with a 40-year legacy that helps our customers thrive by interpreting our client's needs and tailoring innovative healthcare cost management solutions.
Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging are part of the fabric of our company. We strive to create a workplace that fosters mutual respect and collaboration, where every talented individual can participate and perform their best work. We are MultiPlan and we are where bright people come to shine!
Please note: our offices are currently closed due to the pandemic and our employees are working from home. Once our offices fully reopen, this position will transition to working in either our Naperville, IL or Rockville, MD offices.
As an ETL Data Warehouse Tester, you will look to utilize expertise and knowledge through the execution of regular software quality assurance (SQA) test activities that assure organizational products operate correctly and defined requirements are maintained.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Analyze business requirements and technical specifications for organizationally utilized applications. Build and maintain the corresponding test strategy, test plans, and test cases for Multiplan's SQA team
- Execute SQA testing of applications in accordance with project documentation and aligned with company standards
- Perform back-end (database) testing using complex SQL queries on Oracle and SQL Server databases. Complete regression and integration testing as necessary.
- Analyze test results and logs defects in JIRA. Partner with project team members on the resolution and re-testing of identified defects and issues
- Draft, analyze and maintain reports of defects, test results, etc., through JIRA. Provide constructive feedback and process improvement recommendations to the project team as needed.
- Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
- Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
- Demonstrate commitment to the Company's core values.
- Please note due to the exposure of PHI sensitive data -- this role is considered to be a High Risk Role.
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- Minimum high school diploma and 5 years' of IT experienced preferably within the scope of Jr. ETL or Jr. PL/SQL developer or Jr. Oracle DBA or similar roles; 3 years' should be inclusive of data warehouse testing experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Software QA automated test tools
- Knowledge of load testing
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of health care industry a plus
- Knowledge of project management and execution of multiple projects
- Knowledge of health care EDI formats and processes a plus
- Knowledge of the Test Data Management/ETL tools like Informatica, Pervasive etc.
- Exposure to Enterprise Data Architectures like EDW and ODS
- Experience working with complex Logical and Physical Models
- Strong SQL and PL/SQL skills
- Strong Data warehouse end to end and data completeness testing experience.
- Experience in complex ETL mappings, mapplets and complex transformations testing.
- Experience in development of ETL test scripts based on technical specifications/Data design documents and Source to Target mappings.
- Exposure to end-to-end data validation for ETL and BI systems
- Exposure to DB tools like Toad/PL SQL developer/SQL Plus/Sql server management studio
- Experience in Business Intelligence testing in various reports using Cognos, Business Objects, Crystal Reports and Crystal Dashboards
- Communication (verbal, written and listening), planning, organizing, analytical, project management, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Individual in this position must be able to work in a standard office environment which requires sitting and viewing monitor(s) for extended periods of time, operating standard office equipment such as, but not limited to, a keyboard, copier and telephone
We realize that our employees are instrumental to our success, and we reward them accordingly with very competitive compensation and benefits packages, an incentive bonus program, as well as recognition and awards programs. Our work environment is friendly and supportive, and we offer flexible schedules whenever possible, as well as a wide range of live and web-based professional development and educational programs to prepare you for advancement opportunities.
Your benefits will include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage (low copay & deductible)
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- 401(k) + match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid company holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Summer Hours
MultiPlan is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable laws and regulations. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
Engineering & Aerospace, IT & Technical