- Parallel Edition DS
- Dimensional Modeling (which means they should have Kimball or Inman)
- Quality Stage
- Experience in one of the following: complex SQL writing, Data Analysis, DW Architecture, Netezza, Hadoop
- Savvy communication skills
• Minimum 5+ years of hands on experience with IBM InfoSphere DataStage Enterprise Parallel Edition. (Version 9.1 or above).
- This position will be responsible for the data integration application design, coding, testing, documentation and maintenance for complex data warehouse and database systems.
- Provides ETL technical expertise, lead projects through all phases of SDLC, provides development support and serves as a subject matter expert for integrations involving data warehouse and transactional databases to meeting business requirements.
- Has mastered the concepts of data warehousing data architecture, master data architecture, design, configuration, operation, security, and data integration tools.
- Minimum 7+ years of hands on experience with IBM InfoSphere DataStage Enterprise Parallel Edition. (Version 11.5 or above).
- Strong knowledge of DataStage parallel framework, Partitioning, Parameters/Sets and best practices for optimized coding.
- 3+ years of experience in handling large XML files using XML stages/Pack to read and create XML files on a real time and batch processing mode.
- 5+ Years of Experience on SQL against relational databases preferably with MS SQL Server 2008 and above. Must be able to understand complex SQL queries and transform into optimized ETL Coding.
- 8+ years of demonstrated knowledge in Data warehousing concepts, architectures, design and dimensional modelling.
- Proven understanding of Hadoop Ecosystem
- Working knowledge of Hadoop components like HDFS, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Hbase, Spark, Oozie, Python and Impala.
- 5+ years in UNIX scripting, understanding of FTP standards/process and basic network principles.
- 5+ years of automation experience using scheduling software.
- Ability to interpret Data Model & mapping document, understand technical requirements, prepares Technical Design Document, Design/develop ETL Code, create unit test cases/data, perform unit testing and solves defects in a timely manner.
- Supports for a successful project implementation and resolves production issues during project warranty and any future maintenance support.
- Effectively communicate Oral & Written. Work across teams within and outside of IT including DAs, DBAs, QAs, PM and Business Users as necessary.
- Under minimal supervision, takes ownership and responsibility on the assigned tasks and strive for completion within the timeline.
- Must be a quick learner to adapt to Enterprise standards, best practices and critical processes.
- IIS QualityStage is an advantage. .
- IBM Information Services Director is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Netezza is a plus
SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Project Management Expertise: Experience and working knowledge of 'best practices' in developing and leading/managing projects to create solutions, plan, budget, and execute projects in support of customer objectives/goals. This includes the ability to work across the organization (Primarily Technology & Systems) to plan for the supporting project/activities needed to successful implement customer programs/projects.
- Leadership: Willing to 'take a position vs. managing a position'; ability to drive change within the organization; ability to build consensus/coalitions amongst diverse (or divergent) interests; acts with integrity; takes the initiative; exercises sound judgment; sets the example.
- Analytical/Problem Solving: Intellectual capacity and ability to gather, sort and analyze data and then develop logical conclusions; critical thinking skills; familiar with problem solving tools/techniques and able to communicate options, conclusions, and recommendations to both the business and the technology teams.
- Interpersonal/Communication: articulate and capable of conveying ideas clearly/concisely; sensitive to needs of the audience; ensures the customer, as well as service areas within Technology & Systems are kept informed of plans, status, and current problems/challenges; manages around internal politics; empathetic, good listener.
- Champions quality of data in the warehouse:
- maintain integrity of data in the warehouse, correcting any data problems
- ensure data currency; design procedures to purge/archive old data
- Works with Data Analyst on physical model designs for star schemas
- Assess current technical architecture; estimate system capacity for near- and long-term processing requirements
- Provides technical direction and training to other IT personnel
- Mentors others through issues and if needed, facilitate resolution
- Comprehends, and understands program/project strategy, roadmaps and timelines for execution
- Takes the established projects and drives them to completion, on time and on budget meeting the customer's expectations and objectives
- Assertively challenges questionable designs and/or assumptions and to critically evaluate project deliverables
- Must be a constant learner. Staying up to date on industry knowledge and striving to learn about new and emerging technologies and trends in the Exhibition, Information Technology (IT) industries as well as business practices and trends (including regulatory and compliance requirements).
- Experience and working knowledge of industry 'best practices' related to data warehouse and database development.
- Familiarity with technology product & service offerings by vendors providing products and services in the data warehouse and database space.
- Stays abreast of emerging technologies, practices, architectures, etc. in order to understand their potential as future enabling technologies for business solutions
- 2+ year's management of technical/support personnel.
- 2+ years project management.
- 7+ years' experience of successful data warehouse development.
- Experience working in an enterprise data warehouse environment.
- Experience managing software solution projects that have a budget of at least $250,000.
Match a Job
Add in JobDiva Match Back Close
Saving Record to JobDiva...