ETL Developer (IT -- Managed Care)
ETL Developers -- are you looking for a rewarding new position with an industry leader with a firm commitment to its employees? Join our team at MultiPlan! Founded in 1980, MultiPlan is a trusted partner to over 700 healthcare payers in the commercial health, property and casualty, and government markets, and saves these companies more than $14 billion annually. Approximately 50 to 75 million people have access to MultiPlan's PPO provider networks, which comprise 1.4 million healthcare providers nationwide.
We are currently seeking an experienced ETL Developer to work in either our Rockville, MD office or Bedford, MA office. We offer competitive compensation and fantastic benefits, as well as a collegial workplace in a business-casual dress environment. You'll also find plenty of options for professional development and advancement with us. If this sounds like the kind of career move you've been wanting to make, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you!
The Informatica ETL Developer will be part of the ETL team responsible for developing and deploying Informatica ETL solutions. Primary responsibility will be to work closely with the Data Architects and ETL Architect to implement ETL solutions for the organization using Informatica, create technical specification documents and create test plans. Also provide bi-weekly on call support for the data warehouse backend jobs.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Develop Informatica objects - mappings, sessions, and workflows based on the prepared low level design documents.
- Debug mappings and identify errors and error rows so that they can be corrected and re-loaded into a target system.
- Development and testing of SQL, PL/SQL and UNIX Shell scripting.
- Work with schedulers such as Control M to schedule ETL processes
- Requirements gathering, analyzing data, provide gap analysis and creating detail design documents and mapping documents.
- Performance tuning of Informatica Mappings, processes, and load routines.
- Technical coordination of cross-functional projects as assigned and interacts with all areas of the organization to achieve timely results.
- Provide off-hours and weekend support as needed.
- Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
- Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
- Demonstrate Company's Core Competencies and values held within.
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
As an ETL Developer, you must be highly organized and detail-oriented, with strong analytical, problem solving, and prioritization skills. You should also be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, both independently and as part of a team. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 7+ years of Infomatica and Relational Database experience.
- 7+ years of experience working with large Enterprise projects in the role of Informatica ETL developer.
- Minimum 2 years experience of performing data analysis
- Experience with or knowledge of Data Warehousing, reporting methodologies/ techniques and Business Intelligence reporting
- Experience working with complex sql queries like Hierarchical, Aggregate Queries
- Experience working with different database objects like tables, views, materialized views and partitions
- Experience with SQL Server / Oracle databases / Salesforce
- Solid working experience in Informatica Power Center, Power exchange and TDM
- Experience with Informatica IDQ , EDC and Axon is a plus
- Knowledge of health insurance industry is a plus
- Communication (written, verbal and listening), organizational, prioritization, data analysis, planning, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to quickly attain and understand new processes with strict attention to detail
- Ability to meet strict deadlines, work on multiple tasks and work well under pressure
- Ability to analyze data and arrive at a logical conclusion
- Ability to assess ramification of issues and prioritize tasks based on business impact
- Ability to use software, hardware and peripherals related to job responsibilities, including MS Office and software development applications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Effective interpersonal relations skills, ability to effectively collaborate with others and work as part of a team is required.
As an ETL Developer with MultiPlan, you will be part of an organization with a proud 30-year legacy of experience and growth. We realize that our employees are instrumental to our success, and we reward them accordingly with very competitive compensation and benefits packages, an incentive bonus program, as well as recognition and awards programs. Our work environment is friendly and supportive, and we offer flexible schedules whenever possible, as well as a wide range of live and web-based professional development and educational programs to prepare you for advancement opportunities.
Your benefits will include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Optional and dependent life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid time off
- Paid company holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
Opportunity. Recognition. Satisfaction. Grow your career with MultiPlan!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company will provide equal consideration to all employees and job candidates without regard to sex, age, race, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Engineering & Aerospace