Town and Country, MO
3 month ongoing contract
Brooksource is looking for an ETL Developer for our Fortune 100 Telecommunications client in the St. Louis area. As the ETL Developer, you will join the media organization and contribute to data solutions that power some of the largest and most successful marketing/advertising campaigns. You will support your ETL peers in another location by taking on quick fixes and performance issues, while contributing to weekly team meetings and the overall engineering process.
A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential. This person must be a critical thinker who can efficiently solve problems and work well with a diverse team. This is a contract through the end of the year, working full-time hours at the Town and Country location.
- 2+ years' work experience with ETL development and data integration
- 2+ years experience with ETL, SQL, Linux is a must
- Experience with Teradata utilities skills: TPT, BTEQ
- Expert SQL knowledge; ability to monitor, write, and debug SQL code (queries, stored procedures)
- Experience with data warehouse concepts/architecture in high volume
- Experience with Korn Shell (preferred) or Bash Shell scripting
- Working knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) and data warehouse front-end tools
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git preferred)
- Experience with Atlassian tools such as Jira, Slack, wiki
- Experience with full SDLC and Agile development methodology
- Experience with information security and access control protocols
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience working with a distributed development team
- Ability to learn and pick up new languages and frameworks quickly
- Actively seeks knowledge into new languages, design patterns or technologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal communication skills with ability to work with other members in a team
- Extract, Transform and Load data utilizing Teradata, SQL, Linux, and various other tools
- Monitor and debug code to ensure quality of data
- Assist in the development of standards, methodology and processes, working closely with ETL peers in remote location
- Write and tune complex SQL queries
- Research, identify and recommend technical and operational improvements resulting in improved reliability and/or efficiencies in maintaining and/or developing the application.
- Evaluate and advise on technical aspects of open work requests in the product backlog with the project lead.
• Company size: Fortune 100
• Hours: Standard 40-hour week
• Dress code: Business casual
• Location: Town and Country, MO
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH BROOKSOURCE:
• Direct communication with the hiring manager, which allows us to have a clear understanding of the timeline and move candidates through the interview process faster.
• Dedication to keep an open line of communication and provide full transparency.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.