Contract to Hire
$97 K + 10% Bonus
St. Petersburg, FL
I’m currently representing one of the largest credit union services in the United States. We are seeking an ETL Developer who is proficient in Informatica PowerCenter 9/10 and IDQ. Informatica Axon and Informatica EDC are also required skills for the position. This is a contract to hire position.
This position uses the ETL architecture and strategy for all data handled by the Data & Enterprise Analytics team. Incumbent will work closely with data architects, subject matter experts, and business analysts to design, develop, and deploy data integration solutions using ETL tools that support the suite of data and analytics solutions.
- Follow ETL standards for documentation, development, and deployment; Implement ETL best practices and standardization; Create and maintain ETL technical documentation
- Provide input into the process to establish standards for code reviews and unit test cases; Create and develop ETL jobs as well as data quality and cleansing routines
- Enhance ETL framework and ensure framework is implemented in all jobs
- Partner with Data Architects, Sr. ETL Developers, Subject Matter Experts, and Business Analysts to ensure ETL jobs are designed appropriately to meet project/initiative requirements
- Create and develop ETL jobs as well as data quality and cleansing routines; Own ETL deployment process from environment to environment
- Provide Quality Assurance with all documentation necessary for testing
- Design, develop and unit test ETL solutions based on business requirements and project deliverable timelines using the Analytics ETL framework, standards, and best practices
- Work on any or all iterations for one or more subject areas within the data warehouse
- Prepare, perform and document unit test and integration tests; Support BI Team during QA, UAT, and performance testing
- Provide production support of ETL jobs
- Serve in on-call capacity (24-hours/day) for a week at a time, as assigned
- Assist the Manager in project scoping and allocation of ETL resources
- Assist with data modeling and data architecture tasks, as assigned
- Assist the infrastructure team in coordinating and developing process automation/job scheduling and maintain a master schedule of all ETL jobs including dependencies, sources and targets
- Assist in one or more components of the overall architecture of the data warehouse system
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Two (2) years of ETL development experience required.
- Additional experiences may apply, based on skillset sought (e.g., SAP BODS, SISS, Informatica, as listed below).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats and give presentations utilizing various audiovisual support aids
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work in fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated excellent analytical and quantitative skills; Strong SQL skills
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment in making decisions
- Ability to travel as needed to successfully perform position responsibilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of materials handled
- Ability to be flexible and work under high pressure in a complex environment
Informatica specific Skills
- Informatica PowerCenter, Power Exchange, Workflow Manager, Repository Manager, Administration console and Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) experience
- Experience with IDQ transformations (Parser, Standardizer, Match, Labeler and Address Validator)
- Experience in debugging using PC logs
- Experience using data masking and Push Down Optimizations (PDO)
- Informatica/IDQ specific complex transformation experience