Design and develop electrical systems for the integration and installation of electrical cables and electronic equipment on military/commercial aircraft and ground stations. The design includes creating system level wiring diagrams as well as circuit breaker panels, control panels and other items using Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools such as NX 9.0 and/or Capital Harness System. Engineer will be responsible for research, systems integration, preparation of engineering drawings, and coordination of design activities with Mechanical Design Engineers, Systems Engineering, Manufacturing, and Production to ensure that designs meet requirements at minimum cost. Engineer will also be required to work closely with a team of two or more design engineers for the duration of an assigned project. Designs can include development of power distribution, electrical loads analysis, RF systems, Communication systems, avionics, and other various aircraft systems along with the opportunity to support testing and integration of systems on the aircraft. Electrical design engineers have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of tasks and aircraft systems on various aircraft platforms.
Education/Experience/Licenses etc.: Qualifications
Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering with seven to fifteen (7-15) years of aircraft design related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Masters of Science degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous CAD skills in creating wiring schematics/diagrams
- Good computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be able to walk to and from the flight line, work in aircraft hangar environment and board / exit aircraft.
- Must have a current, Active DOD Secret Clearance
- Understanding of basic aircraft systems
- Systems integration experience
- Familiarity with aircraft certification including EWIS requirements
- Experience with Siemens NX 9.0 and Capital Harness System
- Ability to mentor/lead entry-level engineers
- Experience in developing/creating Electrical Loads Analysis