Power Solutions (an Integer company) is looking for Electrical/Electronics Engineer with strong leadership traits to join our Product Development team. This position is a key contributor in leading the design, development and testing and launching of new electrical systems and components that we develop for our customers' unique portable power solutions.
In this role, you will apply your electrical design skills and hands on ability to ensure functionality, project timing and launch of electronics systems that support our medical grade battery and charger products. The position is based in a state of the art design center in Beaverton, Oregon offering opportunities to travel as needed to support customer, supplier and manufacturing site initiatives as your designs are developed and transferred into production environments.
Who we are: Integer's Power Solutions Product Development & Engineering (PD&E) department is driven by the pursuit of new product development and innovative design solutions that meets the growing needs of our medical customers' critical applications
What you will do: Reporting to the Electrical Engineering Manager you will:
- Be a critical part of the New Product Development team, consisting of Commercial, Program Management, Mechanical and Electrical Design, Quality, Design Assurance and Operations functions.
- Interacts with all levels of the organizations to ensure that all necessary procedures and processes are in place.
- Responsible to design and integrate electronic controls into mechanical designs assisting in the development of value added smart battery features relative to monitoring and safety.
- Design battery fuel gauging/safety circuits and battery chargers for medical applications.
- Define verification test procedures. Author DVT reports.
- Create and co-lead DFMEA and other risk assessment activities.
- Analyze customer needs and collaborate on electrical system requirements.
- Manage and deliver individual tasks that enable cost effective and timely delivery of Product Development Programs. Follow all processes relative to Document Control and Change Management with accurate inclusion of all aspects of new product development initiatives.
- Participate in complaint and field failure root cause investigations. Take a leadership position in failure analysis of new products as well as supporting sustaining engineering.
- Performs other functions as required.
- Adhere to company Values and all safety and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), Company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering (or commensurate experience.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Proficient computer skills and MS Office applications.
- Schematic capture and PCB layout skills required. Altium experience highly preferred.
- Highly skilled in producing well specified PCBA drawings. Strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to work with both technical and non-technical stakeholders. Embraces writing well thought out Engineering Reports that meet customer and regulatory requirements.
- Battery Fuel Gauging skills preferred (TI, O2Micro, Maxim)
- Experience in C/C++ firmware development is a plus
- Experience in a IEC 62304 software development environment a plus.
- Hand-on experience using SPI, I2C, UART, and ADC/DAC interfacing a must.