Avangrid Networks operates regulated public utilities delivering natural gas and electricity to 3.1 million customers in New York and New England. The eight Networks utilities are Berkshire Gas, Central Maine Power, Connecticut Natural Gas (CNG), Maine Natural Gas, New York State Electric & Gas (NYSEG), Rochester Gas and Electric Corporation (RG&E), Southern Connecticut Gas (SCG), and United Illuminating (UI). Avangrid Networks invests continually to ensure the efficiency, reliability and security of it delivery networks and meet the needs and expectations of its customers.
The Electrical Engineer Specialist/ Electrical Engineer Lead- Substations position will be located in Northeast in Binghamton, NY, Orange, CT, Rochester, NY or Augusta ME facilities.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
- Capital project engineering performance including all phases such as: scoping and budgeting, conceptual engineering, contract management and design, engineering design, construction and closeout.
- Perform standard and complex electrical engineering analyses, designs and calculations using standard methodology and principles and other viable approaches. Develop alternate methods or design concepts to resolve problems or to improve processes/services
- Responsible for leading and creating new conceptual designs and overseeing the work of external detailed designers.
- Solve unique and complex electrical engineering problems. Analyzes possible solutions and assesses each using standard procedures related to lines and power engineering.
- Ensure all engineering designs implemented by the company meet applicable company, local, state, and national codes and standards.
- Support technical requests from current and proposed customers
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills to decipher unique technical and analytical problems
- Proven ability to lead and manage projects
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to articulate highly technical concepts
- Strong management and leadership skills, ability to drive change and adoption of new technologies
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment including relevant output and incentive mechanisms
- General contract, commercial and regulatory awareness with the ability to balance effective and efficient customer service and project delivery, ensuring maximum return on investment
- Track record of effective stakeholder and customer service engagement and management
- Ability to communicate and present information effectively at all levels
- Ability to manage competing priorities using sound engineering and financial judgment to determine optimal solutions
- Awareness and understanding of key business drivers
- Ability to devise solutions to both to common and complex problems/challenges
- Where appropriate, technical and operational experience in a relevant engineering role within a utility environment