Are you looking to POWER up your career? Our Bowie, MD office has an opportunity for a Junior Electrical Engineer to work on Water/Wastewater treatment projects. Experience with treatment plant automation, piping and instrumentation diagrams, control strategies and narratives, electrical equipment schematics and wiring diagram, panel layout, power distribution system schematics and motor control schematics for plant control systems, PLC design and implementation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist in designing power distribution, motor controls, instrumentation and lighting
• Enhance client relationships through effective communication and prompt delivery of service
• Perform construction phase engineering services such as shop drawing reviews, answers to request for information, O&M manual reviews, and startup/testing
• Ability to prepare and check design computations, exercise judgement to interpret and draw conclusions from calculations and prepare reports
Minimum Requirements are:
• B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering.
• 2-5 years of experience.
• Excellent written and oral skills.
• Able to mutli-task on several design projects.
• Able to meet challenging deadlines.
• Self-starter with sound judgment and decisiveness.
• Team player with a strong client focus.
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
Click on link below
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
No visa sponsorship