LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.
The E&I Maintenance/Reliability Engineer position supports plant operation and reliability improvement efforts. This position includes shared site-wide responsibility for plant power distribution systems. This position requires successful collaboration with other groups including process engineering, maintenance, capital project groups, corporate technical networks, and outside vendors to improve plant reliability and performance. The successful candidate must have a high level of personal integrity and a commitment to conducting business in an ethical way.
Roles & Responsibilities
This role is part of the E&I Reliability Group. Operating in a team environment, the reliability group implements reliability best practices, develops and optimizes preventive maintenance tasks, and supports maintenance activities.
As a member of the reliability group you may:
* Monitor equipment performance and make improvement recommendations
* Provide diagnostic assistance to drive improvements within your area of expertise
* Consult with peers at the site and across the company
* Function on multidisciplinary teams to support project design and commissioning
* Serve as a resource and conduit to share best practices and leverage operating improvement opportunities across the site and company
* Provide technical support/expertise within your discipline for expense and capital project teams
* Maintain awareness of emerging technology, assessing applicability to improve reliability and performance, or to reduce maintenance cost
* Lead or participate in incident investigations and root cause analysis.
* Attend technical training and seminars to further your development.
This position offers the ability to develop varying degrees of proficiency in the following areas as job assignments require:
* Reliability Engineering, Predictive/Preventive Maintenance, and Project Management concepts
* Process instrumentation, distributed control systems (DCS), and control valves
* Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) design
* Computer software tools (SAP, CAD, Meridium, SKM software tools, Emerson AMS)
* BS degree in Electrical Engineering
* Minimum 10 years relevant experience in the refining, petrochemical, chemical process, or power generation/transmission/distribution industries
* Strong interpersonal leadership skills
* Ability to effectively communicate complex issues across the organization
* Ability to mentor others and collaborate with peers
* Understand business drivers, management of change requirements, reliability processes, and maintenance workflow
* Design and maintenance of low, medium, and high voltage power distribution systems
* Protective relay programming and coordination (Schweitzer, A/B E3/E300, GE Multilin)
* Performing and maintaining arc flash and coordination studies
* Implementation of NFPA 70E Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace
* Interpretation and application of industry codes and standards (NEC, ISA, IEEE, NEMA, NFPA)
* Low and medium voltage motors, motor controls, and variable frequency drives
* Troubleshooting and root cause failure analysis
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Davenport