Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498
Duration: 12 Months
- Electrical Engineer Design hardware to meet rigorous military requirements for environment, functionality, price, and Size Weight Power (SWaP).
- Test and verify HW designs (Qualification/Verification) that meet documented hardware and systems requirements
- Plan, execute, and manage projects both technically and financially
- Perform autonomously under the direction of technical and program management as well as engineering management
- Provide insight to program leadership on implications of hardware changes to the system
- Create and present task status and technical solutions to team members, engineering leadership, and customers
- Develop hardware requirements based on product, system level, and customer requirements
- Provide/Participate in bids or estimates of project work to leverage technology portfolios, cost, and schedule
- Create and execute test procedures to support the qualification of products to government standards
- Project risk identification, mitigation, and escalation
- Adherence to and support of the Aerospace process methodologies while developing and managing commitments to meet project financial and schedule deliverables and quality requirements
- Utilize strong interaction and interpersonal skills to drive teams to success
- Read and understand metrics to predict execution issues
- Work with their team and other team leads to resolve complex issues
- Electrical Engineer must possess or be eligible for obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance.
- Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/re-instatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
- PWB/PCB electrical design including stack-up analysis and routing rules
- Timing analysis and signal integrity analysis tools (Mentor Hyperlynx preferred)
- Familiarity with EMI and Signal Integrity design techniques and analysis
- Knowledge of earned value management techniques and philosophy