Looking for an Electrical Engineer to join an Award Winning MEP firm located in Chantilly, VA.
This candidate will be responsible for working with the electrical team to design power systems and lighting design for commercial and government buildings. They will also be expected to sometimes troubleshoot electrical systems and products at end clients request.
The Electrical Engineer will be part of a team supporting the design, implementation, testing, and commissioning of a variety of electrical power, control and automation, and critical systems. The engineering candidate must be a self-starter and willing to learn, able to work independently and as part of a team, and must be comfortable with the broad scope of cradle-to-grave design engineering. Typical duties that the entry level Electrical Engineer will be expected to perform will include power/controls circuit and schematic design, hands-on fabrication, software programming, research and development, and system integration.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 1-2 years of US experience in the design of power systems and lighting systems for commercial, government buildings and/or mission critical facilities & hospitals (will look at candidates that come from R&D or product design background but must have facilities design in school or internship at least)
- Experience with the following design tasks: Lighting systems, power systems, fire alarm systems, Telcom/Data Systems, Short Circuit Analysis, Foot Candle calculations, Zonal Cavity calculations, Voltage Drop Calculations
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Understanding of US building codes and NEC codes.
- Active Clearance preferred but not required
- Understanding of single and three-phase power systems
- Experience with industrial and/or network communication protocols
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.