Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks. Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
Experience with Medium or High Voltage Power. Experience with programming (PLCs, relays, microcontrollers, etc.). Experience writing highly detailed and technical letters, papers, or reports associated with electrical engineering topics.
- This position requires frequent interaction with
government representatives, naval personnel, and various engineering and
- Design, implement and improve electrical equipment, facilities, components,
and systems on naval vessels. This includes switchgear, transformers, and power
distribution from 15 KV down.
- Review and recommend designs and specifications in support of current and
- Ability to develop and maintain standards and specifications for electrical
- Ability to develop solutions to equipment performance issues as the cognizant
- Ability to troubleshoot software/hardware issues
- Experience with design/operations of electrical transmission, distribution,
- Experience with PLC programing
- Ability to read, analyze and design electrical schematics
- Ability to write technical documents clearly and accurately
- Experience writing white papers and industry publications
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently with a strong sense of initiative
- Shipboard experience in operation and maintenance of Navy Systems
- Demonstrated the ability to come up to speed quickly on a new project and
balance multiple tasks
- Strong technical experience with coordinating electrical engineering and